Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Holy Grail products?

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Your HGs!

Quote Originally Posted by school of fish View Post
    I've not exactly had the experience of finding a holy grail product, but rather a routine - my hair seems to thrive more from a low-maintenance but consistent daily/weekly routine more than any specific product. That said, here are the things that best support my HG routine:

-henna
    -clear sulphate shampoos & thick conditioners with light 'cones (Pantene Ice Shine has been brilliantly reliable)
    -acidic rinses
    -Tangle Teezer (dry) & moderately wide-toothed plasic comb (wet)

I'm in an area of Canada where winters are a deep freezer and summers are a sauna
    Updating mine to add Tresemme Perfectly UnDone as another great performer for me. Looks like my hair can do well with either a coney or cone-free conditioner.

My routine remains the same and still works beautifully for me
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

My HGs (Australia)

-Ecostore everyday shampoo (stopped COing recently)
    -Avocado oil, finally managed to find an oil my hair actually likes.
    -Sukin Nourishing conditioner
    -Herbal essences Hello Hydration-whatever cones are in here my hair seems to love!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I am adding my Lidl gels to the list (they are pretty great, the men's as well as the women's version, do like the men's version a little more, though). I am going to be testing the new Aldi gels next to see if they compare or are better.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

The Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave in.. It's sooo nourishing, my hair sucks it up completely so no build up and it cured my crunchy ends! Love it. Leave-ins had never done much for me until I tried this stuff.

Olive oil - A year ago my hair got super brittle after using a conditioner that wasn't right for me, and a hot oil treatment brought my hair back to life, so just for that this stuff deserves HG status.

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    What are your HGs, Holy Grail products? Also maybe state your location, as it is important because not all products can be gotten internationally.

I'll start (I'm in Belgium BTW).

- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner
    I just tried this along with its corresponding shampoo - You recommended it to me, got to say, it did feel real nice, while washing it, very soft, its not dry yet, but so far so LOVING it I like especially that I can just get it in the supermarket. Its global a global product

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

-Garnier Whole Blends Green Apple Shampoo & Conditioner (the shampoo is for the length of my hair, not my scalp since it's not cleansing enough).
    -Inecto Argan/Coconut Shampoo (for my scalp)
    -Mane N Tail Shampoo & Conditioner (for both my scalp and the length of my hair when it needs protein, I've found using a little dab of the conditioner in with my GWB is working well. The shampoo I use every two weeks or so.)
    -LUSH R&B Hair Moisturizer (avocado butter based, I use a pea-sized amount as a leave-in).
    -Garnier whole Blends Green Apple 5-in-1 Spray (as a leave-in and detangler)
    -Jojoba Oil
    -Argan Oil

I have a routine based around these products that is working amazingly for me. Since using these I have maybe one or two visible splits in my hair at any given time.

P.S: When my hair needs some extra moisture and heavier cones/detangling properties I use the Garnier Whole Blends Honey masque.

My hair hates: Penetrating oils and large proteins. I'm still trying to find a way to work a little bit of penetrating oils into my routine to help prevent hydral fatigue, but my hair has hated every attempt.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Borgessa View Post
    I just tried this along with its corresponding shampoo - You recommended it to me, got to say, it did feel real nice, while washing it, very soft, its not dry yet, but so far so LOVING it I like especially that I can just get it in the supermarket. Its global a global product
    It truly is. I think there's few places where you can't get this. Glad you like it that much!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

USA -- california

Shampoo for SD: Selsum Blue (this is occasional)
    Clarifying: Neutrogena anti residue -- this stuff is great
    I mostly co-wash and I adore the GVP matrix moisturizing balm for my co wash.
    I own the sallys GVP and the actual matrix version, and I actually really like the GVP version more!

Other than that, I love me some coconut oil and EVOO.
    I want to keep it simple so I know what works and what doesnt, and so far so good.
    OH --- I also really love my tangle teezer and hair stick.

I have a stock of SMT and fox shea butter and ACV rinses and cat nip tea, but the above has been my HG.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

HG's
    -Unrefined coconut oil (light leave in)
    -Nightblooming Panacea (heavier leave in for ends)
    -Honey+olive oil (rinse-out end treatment)
    -Herb+honey conditioning rinses (homemade, herbs vary depending on mood/current need)
    -Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner (protein free, haven't been using conditioner lately but if I use one this is it)

HG Status Pending
    -Shea Moisture Baby Extra Mild Wash & Shampoo (fragrance, sulfate, and protein free)
    -Soapnuts

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Joico S&C - moisture and clarifying

Biosilk Hydrating Therapy S&C and the Lite Serum Leave In

Rosewater & glycerin

NOW Rose Oil blend (almond, apricot, grapeseed, rose hip, jojoba)

Shea Moisture Rose Oil & Garnier Texture Cream or hairspray

Shimmer Lights S&C