Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Photo Length Check Thread!

Default Re: Monthly Photo Length Check Thread!

tuanyiji your hair is beautiful!!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OUKess View Post
    tuanyiji your hair is beautiful!!
    Thank you very much
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Time flies, it's already a month and and 2 days since that salon trip that cut off too much, I'm still not back to where I was before but I'd say another month and I'll be back

September 18 - October 20
    It's going great!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It's going great!
    long road ahead but so far so good.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

It’s not November yet, but I water rinsed my hair last night, and this morning as soon as I woke up and felt my hair was completely dry, I measured it.
    It’s official, I’m now 97cm, 2cm longer than I was on October 2nd. I can’t believe my eyes, 2cm of hair growth in less than a month, a cool month (my average was 1.5cm in a hot/warm month)
    What’s more surprising is that even though I have been shedding slightly more hair since early September than I did in summer, on top of the mechanical damage I caused by taking part in the ABC Bun challenge where I redid my hair 4-5 times a day, causing inevitable shed and breakage, my high ponytail circumference is now 10.5cm (+0.5cm) and low ponytail is 9.6cm (+0.6cm).

I think the contributing hair growth factors are:
    no trim or S&D;
    daily minoxidil;
    daily oil from my scalp to end (just 2 drops of DIY henna/garlic/sublime sulfur infused multi-oil so my head is never greasy);
    I gave up the inversion method;
    massage daily (1-minute finger, 30-60 minutes with my electronic octopus);
    no heat (air dry only);
    no elastic ties (I only did a pony with a scrunchy once for my Jumbo Bun and took it down in an hour);
    fingercomb only, I only used a wide-tooth wooden comb once on October 2nd for the photo shoot;
    LLLT treatment, 25 minutes every other day;
    I stopped doing my weekly pre-poo hot oil treatment, and do weekly water rinse only instead, with monthly shampoo;
    I did ACV rinse after each wash, I also drink a tiny bit of ACV before my meals for better digestion;
    bun/braid 99% of the time;
    sleep in a braid inside a silk bonnet on top of a silk pillowcase, I wash the bonnet/pillowcases/bedding more often than my hair,
    sufficient hydration: 3L of plain water a day, yes, I have a lot of bathroom trips, and I poop 1-2 times a day;
    intense physical activity: 1-hour cardio/core/weight training a day, 6 days a week;
    30+ minutes of casual walking/climbing stairs after supper every day;
    transforming my spinning bike into my computer table so I can work while biking;
    protein-heavy food with a great variety of meat, egg, fruit, vegetables, nuts, and fungus, I eat onions or garlic almost every day ever since I heard about the importance of sulfur, I also have more bone broth, fish skin and gelatin for natural collagen;
    I actually consumed less dairy and fewer grains this month;
    I lost 1.5kg of weight, my fat is 0.6% lower, and my muscle is 0.4% higher.
    supplements: multiple minerals and vitamins (the whole alphabet lol), biotin (technically Vitamin H), collagen, MSM, fish oil, lecithin, ginger, turmeric, kelp/sea moss, on top of my medicines, etc.
    I had been a bit disappointed that my 30-day collage-loading in September hadn't promoted as much hair growth as I expected, but I'm glad I continued the regiment in October, after two months of excessive nutrient consumption, it proved to be really working, my body only grows more hair and nail after all the important organs and physical functions have been satisfied first, and my new growth from September could finally be caught a bit by my pony;
    Less stress and more financial support: My dad’s medical bills got insurance, and I started getting more steady paid work after being in between jobs from March to August;
    tbc

I will come up with more if I can think about more. I’m pretty sure 99% of the population is not actively growing hair as crazy as I am. But all I do is to push my body to reach my maximum gene potential for hair growth, my parents both have thick hair and I used to have a lot more hair than I do now, my big shed was caused by the stress from helping my dad fight cancer, sleep deprivation, malnutrition, lack of exercise, hormonal imbalances (I have tiny lumps in my chest and uterus). I am fighting for myself now and hopefully I can reclaim iii fair and square by next year.
    I will update the monthly length photo tomorrow. Yay!

Monthly Length check: 97cm(+2cm)
    High Pony Circumference: 10.5cm(+0.5cm)
    Low Pony Circumference: 9.6cm(+0.6cm)

Do you spot the difference?
    2cm is too little to be noticeable, it’s all my racers.

This is my day 2 hair, I had water rinse on Sunday, the photo was taken on Tuesday, I’d been bunning al day so the waves were inevitable. I tried a mist of water but still couldn’t tame the ends.

100cm, I’m rooting for you before 2023!
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 31st, 2022 at 01:36 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I’m checking in too
    My hair is at 58cm right now (from the top of my forehead to the bottom of my stretched wurl on the back, not sure that’s how you measure), which is APL. I want it at solid WL (not stretched), which is about 20-25cm more.

I’m curious what my growth rate is, so monthly check ins sound like a great idea.

https://i.imgur.com/QIyDxFd_d.webp?m...idelity=medium

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Here's mine from today, November 1 2022!
    I'm just at BSL, and have decided to grow out some of these layers.
    Yesterday was wash day, and I used Esthetic House CP-1 scalp scaler, Olaplex shampoo, Kerastase Cicaextreme mask, and Olaplex conditioner. Leave-ins were Olaplex 6 and a little bit of rosehip oil. I let it air dry for a couple hours, then put in some mousse (Aveda foamollient) and let my hair dry overnight in braids.

Back
    Side
    Last edited by angel-baby; November 1st, 2022 at 12:04 PM.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Total color change too;
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    BSL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Bat I'm loving that new color on you!!! Its so original and so punk, I've never seen someone with hair like that before. Nice progress on the length too!
    BSL (27") ---> WL (29") ---> HL (34") ---> TBL (37") ---> CL (41")

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Originally I posted a photo but I'm not happy with it.
    I'm so confused now! First I was at hip, then it was shorter than hip and now I'm past hip, almost at tailbone.

Will soon make a better picture. But today I conditioned with a new conditioner and I wanted to see how it worked out.
    Last edited by Ada-banana; November 19th, 2022 at 09:17 AM.