Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why can't I see pictures?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Why can't I see pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by beneaththetrees View Post
    Thanks you so much! I haven't tried that yet - I tend to be shy in online spaces, for some reason. That's good advice, though!

There are a lot of henna threads that I'd like to be able to see pictures on, as well as the hairstyle of the month threads, but it's mostly a minor annoyance/confusion than anything else.
    Maybe start a henna thread of your own if you have questions. We don't mind.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

The posts could be so old that the photos are no longer hosted on the original websites they were uploaded to.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by beneaththetrees View Post
    Thanks you so much! I haven't tried that yet - I tend to be shy in online spaces, for some reason. That's good advice, though!

There are a lot of henna threads that I'd like to be able to see pictures on, as well as the hairstyle of the month threads, but it's mostly a minor annoyance/confusion than anything else.
    A lot of the older images (basically anything posted before 2015) were wiped out when Photobucket started freaking out a few years ago. You can see a lot of images for certain threads when you type the thread title into Google Images and "site:longhaircommunity.com" after the thread title. A lot of the old Photobucket images should pop up.

This might be kind of confusing but HERE is my example link if you look at the Google search bar.

Length
    25/36/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    A lot of the older images (basically anything posted before 2015) were wiped out when Photobucket started freaking out a few years ago. You can see a lot of images for certain threads when you type the thread title into Google Images and "site:longhaircommunity.com" after the thread title. A lot of the old Photobucket images should pop up.

This might be kind of confusing but HERE is my example link if you look at the Google search bar.
    Oh my goodness, this is an amazing workaround for older pictures! Thank you. And thank you to everyone else who replied.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post

I've just seen your post, and linked to it in another thread - that is an AWESOME workaround!!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    13/13/24
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hi, I realize this thread is old, but I also can't see pictures. I'm sure it has to do with permission levels. I can't even view my own profile. I can't contact the admin, either (it comes back with an auto-reply that the mailbox is no longer in use). Help?

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

See this thread: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=68520

Also the last few pages of this thread have relevant info: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...28082&page=100

If it's not clear from the first thread, you can't view your own profile because the software didn't distinguish between your own and others for permissions. You can't view *any* profiles before 25 posts.

Edit: I don't know about contacting admins. Did you use an e-mail address or a function through the site?
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; August 4th, 2019 at 11:33 AM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by katsumii View Post
    Hi, I realize this thread is old, but I also can't see pictures. I'm sure it has to do with permission levels. I can't even view my own profile. I can't contact the admin, either (it comes back with an auto-reply that the mailbox is no longer in use). Help?
    What source are you using for the admin email? If there is an ancient link hiding somewhere I’d like to fix it!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    chin/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I’ve been a member since 2004, when the board went through changes a few years back, there went my ability to see pics😞