Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naked shampoos are reborn as Noughty!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Naked shampoos are reborn as Noughty!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I haven't yet, I'm still using up my Body Shop stash that I bought at 40% off! I do feel like a need a change as well though, so I'm trying to decide which one to go for.

I had a look at the ingredients for the Shine shampoo and it contains polyquaternium-6, does anyone know if this would cause build up?
    I don't think it will cause build-up at all no. Why would it? I think these shampoos are probably well made enough for you not to get build-up on the hair. Otherwise, clarify with a sulfate shampoo every 2 weeks or month or so, depending on how often you wash.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I don't think it will cause build-up at all no. Why would it? I think these shampoos are probably well made enough for you not to get build-up on the hair. Otherwise, clarify with a sulfate shampoo every 2 weeks or month or so, depending on how often you wash.
    Thank you, it's just that I'd read something about "quats" being used as an alternative to silicones and possibly causing build up, and I didn't know if that ingredient fell into that category.

I've just been googling like crazy about various ingredients and had come to the same conclusion as you have suggested, just clarify if I do get build up! Then I double checked the ingredients in my current shampoo and that contains poly-wotsit-6 anyway so it obviously isn't a problem for me :-) Dolt!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thank you, it's just that I'd read something about "quats" being used as an alternative to silicones and possibly causing build up, and I didn't know if that ingredient fell into that category.

I've just been googling like crazy about various ingredients and had come to the same conclusion as you have suggested, just clarify if I do get build up! Then I double checked the ingredients in my current shampoo and that contains poly-wotsit-6 anyway so it obviously isn't a problem for me :-) Dolt!
    Yeah, it's easy to start to stumble over ingredients when formulas are often much more complicated & complex than we realize. So I wouldn't start to pick it all apart. It never ends once you start doing that, and you then tend to forget to just experience what the shampoo or conditioner does for you.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I've ordered some today (one third off at Superdrug in the UK!) so it should turn up sometime next week.

I've gone for the Shine shampoo and conditioner plus the detox shampoo, as those are the products I used when they were Naked. I had a pixie cut then so it will be interesting to see whether I still love them on slightly longer hair.

I've also ordered the Care Taker (scalp soother) shampoo for my husband.

Can't wait to try them!

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've ordered some today (one third off at Superdrug in the UK!) so it should turn up sometime next week.

I've gone for the Shine shampoo and conditioner plus the detox shampoo, as those are the products I used when they were Naked. I had a pixie cut then so it will be interesting to see whether I still love them on slightly longer hair.

I've also ordered the Care Taker (scalp soother) shampoo for my husband.

Can't wait to try them!
    Shine would be the one I'd buy too. I'm sure when it was Naked there was one for long hair...?
    I do remember that the conditioner was really thick and difficult to squeeze out of the tube. That was one thing I didn't like about it.

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I ordered some last night
    My OH is asking how it will be better than my 75p Sainsburys ones and I know Sainsburys conditioner is cone free but he has been buying 2-in-1 since the summer and that does have cones in. Sainsburys shampoo has SLS in it and I wanted to see if my hair would benefit from going without. I bought the detox one as well.
    I feel like my hair feels thinner than it used to, but that might be the length or it might be that it's being weighed down with buildup.

My order has arrived and I tried the Shine shampoo and conditioner last night. On the whole, I'm impressed. My hair looks better than it did with my previous shampoo as it wasn't so fizzy. I still have some flyaways but my hair looks sleek and hangs nicely. It was ridiculously easy to detangle after washing too.

I wasn't keen on the smell of the shampoo but it doesn't linger so that's not a problem for me.

I only did a straight wash-condition rather than pre-oiling or using a leave in, so I'll see how I get on with my usual routine. I'm happy so far anyway.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I missed my delivery yesterday. I have to collect it from the post office but I was too late back from work today. Should be able to get it tomorrow.
    Glad it was easy to detangle, that was one of my main concerns I sometimes add essential oil (especially after henndigo because the smell lasts for ages and its not very pleasant to me).

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm liking mine so far, it leaves my hair soft and shiny. I'm not sure if it's any more shiny than normal but even if it's just as shiny without nasty stuff that's great.
    My man helped himself to some as he has eczema which means his scalp can get flaky and sore, he said it didn't sting his scalp like the Sainsburys one he usually uses does. So he might decide it was worth the extra money

Length
    14/23/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

been wanting to try sls and silicone free, will need to keep these in mind next time i'm in superdug