Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CG-Friendly Cleansing Conditioner?

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: CG-Friendly Cleansing Conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaiden_hair View Post
    Yep, Tresemme's natural line exists here in Ireland! I have used their natural moisture conditioner before, granted I used it with hard water so it wasn't giving me the very best results. My fiance just brought us a new water filter to soften up the terrible water here and its working very well so far! So I think the conditioner can work better. Can I co-wash with such a heavy conditioner, though?
    You can dilute it with water. That's what I do. Just mix it up in a squeeze bottle.

Yes, they are CG-friendly, most definitely. I've never heard of perfectly (un)done, I'll check it out now!
    It's fairly new. I find it gives better slip than the Nourishing Moisture, which I was using before.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    You can dilute it with water. That's what I do. Just mix it up in a squeeze bottle.

It's fairly new. I find it gives better slip than the Nourishing Moisture, which I was using before.
    Ah, thanks for the tip! I just found the Perfectly Undone conditioner on the Boots website, so I guess it does exist here in Ireland too! I'm going to try that and see how it goes! Thank you ladies so much for your help! I'll still be looking around for more cleansing conditioners... I wanna be that "wash and wear" type of person, you know? :P

Lord help this hair!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, Boots exist here. I live in Galway, near Eyre Square if I take the bus. The only so called cleansing conditioner they have is this one here.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Glycol Distearate, Jojoba Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Macadamia Seed Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Olive Oil PEG-8 Esters, PPG-3 Caprylyl Ether, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Panthenol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycerin, Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool

Does that look okay? :S
    Well there aren't silicones in it, if that's what you mean.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Well there aren't silicones in it, if that's what you mean.
    I couldn't even tell because some of those words in the list looked wonky.

Length
    10/28/35

I don't know if you can get As I AM there but it's amazing if you can. They have a cleansing cowash that's pretty much changes my routine. I've been CO for about a year but struggled with something light that didn't make my scalp break out and the As I Am co wash does that. It cleans but keeps the moisture there. I should add I found it in the naturals section for curly hair. I'm wavy but follow the curly girl method and avoid silicones.

Length
    16/17/33?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I use Renpure Solutions in Sweet Pomegranate. I love it, it also comes in a mint. Its available at Target Stores.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Does that look okay? :S
    Probably OK, though I don't recognize all the ingredients.

You don't necessarily need a "cleansing conditioner". Just look at some normal conditioners, especially the more inexpensive ones. The Suave and VO5 that are popular for conditioner only washing in the US aren't marketed for that purpose, but they have no silicone (here, I understand they have silicone in England at least) and cost less than $2 per bottle.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    16/17/33?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

It's a cleansing conditioner!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sparkleloc View Post
    I use Renpure Solutions in Sweet Pomegranate. I love it, it also comes in a mint. Its available at Target Stores.
    It's a cleansing conditioner!
    I think she's in Ireland. Do they have Target stores there (I'm blissfully unaware )? I wish we had the diversity you seem to have in the US (Belgium here). We have quite the limited n° of stores. Lidl, Aldi, Carrefour, Alvo, Colruyt, Delhaize, Kruidvat, Spar stores, and that's about the lot that sell body products (and some other things suchs as food as well) I think.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I don't know if you can get As I AM there but it's amazing if you can. They have a cleansing cowash that's pretty much changes my routine. I've been CO for about a year but struggled with something light that didn't make my scalp break out and the As I Am co wash does that. It cleans but keeps the moisture there. I should add I found it in the naturals section for curly hair. I'm wavy but follow the curly girl method and avoid silicones.
    I used that while I was in the states. That was a very nice co-wash, I remember. The smell was heavenly, and it cleaned my scalp well, though I'll be honest, when I try to use it as a RO and a LI, it just did not have the thickness that would give my hair the proper amount of moisture for that. It's good to just use it on my scalp.

I found it on the UK Amazon website, though I gotta wait until I get my Irish bank card because the dollar differences between British pound and American dollars is just painful.

Ireland doesn't have the Target store here. Lmao, seems like all the good stuff are still in America when I left it a few months ago. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Probably OK, though I don't recognize all the ingredients.

You don't necessarily need a "cleansing conditioner". Just look at some normal conditioners, especially the more inexpensive ones. The Suave and VO5 that are popular for conditioner only washing in the US aren't marketed for that purpose, but they have no silicone (here, I understand they have silicone in England at least) and cost less than $2 per bottle.
    Yes, that does make sense. I used the inexpensive Suave and VO5 conditioners as co-washes during my very early days of being a Curly Girl and having a low-paying part time job at the grocery store. They were nice, I remember.

I think the newer cleansing conditioners are more unique, though, in that they clean well while also providing an ample amount of moisture. The Suave/VO5 are great for scalp cleansing but they don't have that extra oomph to also use it as a regular conditioner. This is why Wen is popular, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I think she's in Ireland. Do they have Target stores there (I'm blissfully unaware )? I wish we had the diversity you seem to have in the US (Belgium here). We have quite the limited n° of stores. Lidl, Aldi, Carrefour, Alvo, Colruyt, Delhaize, Kruidvat, Spar stores, and that's about the lot that sell body products (and some other things suchs as food as well) I think.
    We have a Lidl and a Dunnes here, as well as Boots. And then when my fiance and I want something special, we hit the internet.