Page 158 of 211 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2102

Thread: Blonette Pride :)

Default Re: Blonette Pride :)

I made a collage of blonde hair variation. It's amazing how much variety there is in blonette. Especially the last three shades.

[IMG][/IMG]

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I wouldn't call the lighter shades "blonette". Blonette is what's on the very edge between blonde & brown, not light or mid-tone blonde.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I wouldn't call the lighter shades "blonette". Blonette is what's on the very edge between blonde & brown, not light or mid-tone blonde.
    No, i agree with you, I meant to clarify in my original post what distinguishes blonette from blonde. I added the lighter shades so people would see the transition between platinum light blonde shades on the top, medium in the middle, and blonette shades on the bottom. Seeing the transition helps a lot. For me the last 4 are blonette.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mcgg417 View Post
    No, i agree with you, I meant to clarify in my original post what distinguishes blonette from blonde. I added the lighter shades so people would see the transition between platinum light blonde shades on the top, medium in the middle, and blonette shades on the bottom. Seeing the transition helps a lot. For me the last 4 are blonette.
    Blonette can be even darker than that, almost brown.

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I don't know, the last three images especially look like light brown colour to me, they look a little too "warm" to be blonette. The top images look colour-treated so they don't really look like examples of variation of natural blonde colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
    I don't know, the last three images especially look like light brown colour to me, they look a little too "warm" to be blonette. The top images look colour-treated so they don't really look like examples of variation of natural blonde colour.
    Well that is what makes those last three images blonette. It is a blend of both blonde and brown or what I call "dirty blonde" in everyday speak. Blonette's can definitely be warm. The last three shades exemplify what true dark blondes look like. The 4th to last shade is between medium and dark blonde. now as far as the top three shades go I can tell you that the top three exist in children.

These three shades are light brown in color and solidly darker and less yellowish than the three final shades in the blonde collage. if anything those last three shades are extremely blonette considering that we are all here with different opinions about what those shades are.

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I know very light blonde hair exists even in adults, particularly where I come from, but those pictures aren't really examples of it.

"Dirty" blonde to me would look more like this or this or this. This might be a warmer example which is slightly golden. To me blonette isn't really about lightness and darkness (or hair colour level in other terms) in the sense that it's in between lighter ("blonde") and darker ("brunette") hair, it's more really about that peculiar natural shade of colour which is neither obviously golden, brown or ashy.

It's interesting looking at different perspectives of what is considered that elusive blonette colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
    I know very light blonde hair exists even in adults, particularly where I come from, but those pictures aren't really examples of it.

"Dirty" blonde to me would look more like this or this or this. This might be a warmer example which is slightly golden. To me blonette isn't really about lightness and darkness (or hair colour level in other terms) in the sense that it's in between lighter ("blonde") and darker ("brunette") hair, it's more really about that peculiar natural shade of colour which is neither obviously golden, brown or ashy.

It's interesting looking at different perspectives of what is considered that elusive blonette colour!

It is very interesting. Esp. considering that your first two example of dirty blonde are just plain medium blonde to me while your last two examples are very much blonette to me!

Also interestingly "ash" makes me immediately think of a deep silver blonde color, never brown.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If you just look at hair dye, that will give you the answer. The dark ash blonde semi-permanent from Indola, I once put on my hair, was a bit like those last images you posted!

Length
    Ears/APL/BCL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mcgg417 View Post
    Well that is what makes those last three images blonette. It is a blend of both blonde and brown or what I call "dirty blonde" in everyday speak. Blonette's can definitely be warm. The last three shades exemplify what true dark blondes look like. The 4th to last shade is between medium and dark blonde. now as far as the top three shades go I can tell you that the top three exist in children.

These three shades are light brown in color and solidly darker and less yellowish than the three final shades in the blonde collage. if anything those last three shades are extremely blonette considering that we are all here with different opinions about what those shades are.
    I completely Agee that these 3 are just barely blonnette and more light brow. Mine is right here in this range, and people call it light brown rather than blonde anymore since its really darkened in the last year or so to reach this shade. Mine is closest to the bottom right, because although it is cool most of the time, in sunlight it shines more golden. There are a lot of ash blondes/Browns that can border on auburn in particular lights. I've been wearing a hat a lot this last year, but before that I got super light natural highlights around my face up to 5 shades lighter - it was crazy! But red looks natural on me too because my natural ash still has random red tones in the right lighting. To me, the bottom row of the first collage is exactly what blonnette means.
    Ear Length - Shoulder Length - Arm Pit Length - Mid Back Length - Waist Length -Hip Length- Butt Crack Length? Tailbone Length? No idea where I'll stop!