Page 128 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2693

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Length
    BSL/Tlb/Clsc
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Oh dear I didn´t even know where to start. Ron accuses Raven(slair) for stealing his ideas. Which she is obviously. Just a tiny example his fork is called Zeus and her imitation Hercules. I mean come on! She is/was also stealing from nightblooming. Copied even the text of the listing. There are many many examples.
    If someone is interested read her thread. And consider that SimplyLonghair is Ravens mother. They had the business together at that time. That´s very interesting. They tried that sleaze also somewhere else. I would never do business with her again.
    Last edited by dajanchen; April 19th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Really??!!

You mean the Ravenslair thread here when you say "read her therad"?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I had no idea it went this far and that that's what's behind it. I see it works both ways though. Ron now has his "own" design of the hair brooch fork (it was hers first, wasn't it). As far as I'm concerned, I like them both and don't appreciate all this back and forth between the two. Just do your own thing already.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Tlb/Clsc
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Really??!!

You mean the Ravenslair thread here when you say "read her therad"?
    Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by dajanchen View Post
    Oh dear I didn´t even know where to start. Ron accuses Raven(slair) for stealing his ideas. Which she is obviously. Just a tiny example his fork is called Zeus and her imitation Hercules. I mean come on! She is/was also stealing from nightblooming. Copied even the text of the listing. There are many many examples.
    If someone is interested read her thread. And consider that SimplyLonghair is Ravens mother. The had the business together at that time. That´s very interesting. They tried that sleaze also somewhere else. I would never do business with her again.
    Wow, that's just crazy, deceitful and.......uncreative lol. I mean, it's sad that someone would steal someone else's ideas instead of coming up with their own unique things. Well I now know who to "unfavorite" on Etsy. Thanks for clearing that up
    Last edited by BrightEyes; April 19th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dajanchen View Post
    Yes I do.
    *scuttling off to read* Yes, I like gossip

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

TOS has apparently banned both Raven and her mother some months ago. I'm not sure if I'm permitted to link it here, but if you google "(TOS) and Ravenslair" the link will come up, or you can PM me for it. Very disappointing.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    TOS has apparently banned both Raven and her mother some months ago. I'm not sure if I'm permitted to link it here, but if you google "(TOS) and Ravenslair" the link will come up, or you can PM me for it. Very disappointing.
    The only link I can come up with is the link to a thread on UTT in which they are both also banned.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The only link I can come up with is the link to a thread on UTT in which they are both also banned.

Yeah, that's what I got too when I googled it. What irks me is that I just bought some hairpins from her sale and have been so excited to get them in the mail. Now I'm not even sure I want them:

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I am a long time supporter of Quattro, and I have tons of his work. I've been buying things from him back in his early days on ebay, long before he even hit etsy. We're talking back in the days when Argus Designs was running and previously. I will always continue to buy his work because it is so fantastic.

But guys, this is a bit far across the line. He's pissed that she's making aluminum u-shaped hair forks? That's not exactly something you can patent, I don't think. Hers have a tapered (triangluar) end, which is a legitimate difference for people with finer hair, since the blunted ends of Quattro's (amazing, by the way) forks can sometimes harm finer hair if you're not careful. As can ALL THINGS with blunt ends.

And her topped u-shaped forks came long before the plain ones in her shop, and I don't see that as a copy. She's taking pin backings and adding jewels and then adding them to forks. That was significantly different that what he's making.

The Nightblooming thing I completely understood and backed Nightblooming on. But this idea that only Quattro can make aluminum U-shape forks? I just don't see that as right. What about MairzyDozy?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/64558755...-inch-aluminum
    http://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Metal%20TriForce%20Aluminum%20Hair%20Pins%20/?pid=2012030700101909a6f

I am not saying don't buy Quattro's stuff. I have TONS of them and fully intend to buy more. I'm also not saying Raven hasn't been known to copy too closely, because the Nightblooming thing is obviously an issue. I just think getting upset about someone else making something as generic as aluminum u shaped hair forks is like Betty Crocker being pissed that other people are baking chocolate cakes.
    Last edited by saskia_madding; April 19th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.