Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The LOC/LCO method

Default Re: The LOC method

Quote Originally Posted by Weewah View Post
    I'll do this after my next wash, I'll call it the LOG method!(leave in oil gel). Right now I've just been doing leave-in and gel, but I've got a bunch of argan oil I can use.

I'm on the hunt for a styling gel(or lightweight cream?) that will allow me to run my fingers through my hair after I SOTC, does such a thing exist? I don't like having my hair all glued together with product.
    try tresemme extra hold gel. it doesn't leave hair crunchy or product-y(can't stand that)..you can run your hands through your hair just fine...it has a water soluable cone and some emolliants I think -which probably help not make it crunchy or all glued together. I highly recommend it!

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Dumb question alert (and apologies if it's been asked already): with the C part, is this purely for styling, i.e if you're planning on wearing your hair down? Would there be any point in using cream if you were going to put it in a bun as soon as it's dry? Or does it add another layer of moisture too?
    **shoulder**cbl**apl**BSL**waist**

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pixldust View Post
    Dumb question alert (and apologies if it's been asked already): with the C part, is this purely for styling, i.e if you're planning on wearing your hair down? Would there be any point in using cream if you were going to put it in a bun as soon as it's dry? Or does it add another layer of moisture too?
    C = cream, aka styling cream. Some use a gel, so yes this is part of the styling - but so is all the rest.

I use the LOC method, and my hair is up in a half-up as soon as it's dry. The next morning it goes up, and it is up 6,5 days out of 7!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I have been dialing in my routine, trying to get a better result. I think that the flaxseed gel is the real winner for me at the end. Pity it's such trouble to have to make it up each week.

I think it adds some kind of oil or moisture. My ends look happier with it. When up or down.
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; June 7th, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

It is for moisture but the final step can be pulling double duty for styling A lot of people I have read about or watched videos on use buttery cremes (shea butter blends) or creamy leave in conditioners.
    If L is water
    If O is oil to seal the water
    C could be be a creamy leave in conditioner or butter based one. This would be the final step to loc in that moisture.

A lot of times I reverse and do LCO and use the oil on top. I once asked someone here why they used the oil before Creme and they said it kept their hair from looking greasy. I find it works both ways.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    A lot of times I reverse and do LCO and use the oil on top. I once asked someone here why they used the oil before Creme and they said it kept their hair from looking greasy. I find it works both ways.
    My gel (or the C in LOC) is always added before last. My serum (or the O in LOC) goes over it all lastly. It's a bit odd, maybe, but it does the trick!

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thanks Lapushka and ErinLeigh! This seems such a good routine and I'm going to try it at next wash. My hair is a thirsty beast and loves all things moisture so hopefully this'll make it happy!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks Lapushka and ErinLeigh! This seems such a good routine and I'm going to try it at next wash. My hair is a thirsty beast and loves all things moisture so hopefully this'll make it happy!
    I hope it works, but if it doesn't, hey at least you tried and it's something to take off the list of things to try in that case.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The LOC method

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I hope it works, but if it doesn't, hey at least you tried and it's something to take off the list of things to try in that case.
    Thats how I see it too. Always worth a try. I give experiments a go and I feel happy they work, but if it doesn't I don't force it. I simply add on to my list of what doesn't work for me and move on with no guilt.

I will say this though... LOC has so many variances this one can take a little more trial and error to find your perfect routine. This is one of the few experiments I stuck out longer than usual to tweak and play around with. The concept struck me as something that made sense, but it took several attempts to parlay that into positive effect. I had quite a few greasy/bad hair days in the beginning trying to figure out what products and what amounts. I tried several leave ins, oils, butters, cremes, and finishers in different amounts before finding my LOC (or LCO) routine. Was worth it in the end but I do admit this one can take some time to get just right.

Pixiedust I wish you the best in finding a way you enjoy. If its moisture retention you are after this one can be golden!

It gets confusing though. L can be leave in, liquid, water. O can be oil, silicone, mineral oil. C can be gel, shea butter, pomade, styling Creme, creamy conditioner, whipped concoctions etc etc. There are so many ways to play around with this. My head was spinning at first trying them all
    Last edited by ErinLeigh; June 8th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    Thats how I see it too. Always worth a try. I give experiments a go and I feel happy they work, but if it doesn't I don't force it. I simply add on to my list of what doesn't work for me and move on with no guilt.

I will say this though... LOC has so many variances this one can take a little more trial and error to find your perfect routine. This is one of the few experiments I stuck out longer than usual to tweak and play around with. The concept struck me as something that made sense, but it took several attempts to parlay that into positive effect. I had quite a few greasy/bad hair days in the beginning trying to figure out what products and what amounts. I tried several leave ins, oils, butters, cremes, and finishers in different amounts before finding my LOC routine. Was worth it in the end but I do admit this one can take some time to get just right.

I think the variances mean that anyone could customise this routine to suit their particular hairtype, even though it may require some experimentation first. It's kind of exciting too, figuring out a new routine