Thread: Hairdryer recommendations?

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Hairdryer recommendations?

My current hairdryer is on the fritz so I’m in the market for a new on.

My current hairdryer’s warm setting is so hot(!) it burns my skin to use. This means I am using only the cool setting which takes an hour to dry my hair with, this is after I’ve air dried it for a couple of hours too.

I’m looking for a hairdryer with a warm setting that is comfortable to use.

My reference point is as long as I can stand the heat comfortably on my hand I am happy to use it on my hair.

My budget is hopefully under £50, but I could be tempted to go higher.
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hairdryer recommendations?

I'm using a Philips DryCare since early 2017 and it's still going strong (daily use of two longhaired people in this house). This is the version I bought for ~40 € back then, but there might be a newer version by now.
    I'm always using the "medium" setting and highest "wind" setting. No opinion on the diffuser, was part of the package, but I've never used one as my hair is pin straight.
    At true tailbone!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hairdryer recommendations?

Babyliss, Braun. All good.

Whenever a post trots along asking for hairdryer advice (lol), I always say, look for these basic things: separate heat & volume settings. If it's one button, it's no good. Most of them these days are like that, with separate buttons. Go for at least 3 heat settings. Volume, less important, but minimum 2 should be good. And a permanent cool shot button (which mine has), or a separate one.

The permanent cool setting is nice, though, I have to say.

I have one of those Babyliss dryers with an Italian motor. If I use the middle heat setting it is juuuust along that line where it starts to be too hot, but I still use it because it's not exaggeratedly too hot. And my hair does fine.

Babyliss machines used to be notorious for really hot dryers, but that has lessened quite a bit. I just wanted a nice, hefty machine. Mine was around €40, on a deal. So...

ETA/ And get one with a diffuser attachment! It may not seem important to you now, but you never know when it will come in handy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)