Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henna came out?

Default Re: Henna came out?

I mix my henna with warm tea and let it sit for an hour or two before using it.. You also added cassia to your henna and that contributed also to the fading as it dilutes the henna

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Henna came out?

Quote Originally Posted by adler View Post
    Ok so last week I did a henna/cassia treatment by mixing one box on light mountain light red and one box of light mountain neutral. I let it stew for 13 hours, kept on my head for 3 and when it washed off it was an orangey yellow that oxidized to a copper color. I washed it once since then and the color did not seem to change at all.

However! Last night before washing I did a hot coconut milk/oil mixture soak and this morning it looks much less vibrant. I also noticed that some of the coconut milk was dripping an orange color while it was on my head but didn't think much of it because I've read how permanent henna is supposed to be. Was it the coconut milk or oil or the heat? Or was it because I used Light Mountain? I have used their neutral cassia alone many times and loved it but this was my first attempt at mixing a box of light red in as well.
    Much less vibrant means it's not gone, right? And besides, you mixed henna 50/50 with cassia, so that's not going to be too too vibrant in and of itself.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)