Page 133 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2693

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by wildroses View Post
    In other news....
    anyone else here ride motorcycle? Looking for suggestions. I usually braid and sometimes use a 'hair glove' but those snaps can pull out after a while, and most are too short. Then there's the elastic needed to hook it onto. Maybe I'll ask Ron to make a 14-16 incher, I know he used to do leather work too.
    Sadly he doesn't usually do customs work, beyond altering the length of sticks after purchase. I had no idea he used to do leather work though, I'd love to see some!

Length
    14"/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    Sadly he doesn't usually do customs work, beyond altering the length of sticks after purchase. I had no idea he used to do leather work though, I'd love to see some!
    Yes, once upon a time there were unusual barrettes, bunholders and the like. Some were HUGE for those with tons of hair and couldn't find ones that fit, and he did some maple leaves when that was popular.
    ....wonder if there's a box of them lying around somewhere....but they won't fit under a helmet anyway. I'd post pics of the two I have, but I'm not allowed to post pics yet.

Length
    14"/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dajanchen View Post
    I reported her obviously stolen items several times. Etsy just doesn´t give a hoot. As long they make money out of each listing they will not change it. So what else can Ron do than to show Ravens shabby behaviour openly?
    Nothing!
    oops.....more shenanigans today. The *raven* listing now has a hotlink. ;-)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wildroses View Post
    oops.....more shenanigans today. The *raven* listing now has a hotlink. ;-)
    Wow! Looks like he got seriously fed up with the whole situation.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

While he has every right to be mad, I don't think he's handling it to classily. How's it any better for him to copy her? How does that fix matters? Two wrongs don't make a right. I haven't bought from either seller as I'm new to the hair toy obsession, but I had wanted to buy a hair sword from raven. Now, I'm not so sure. Who's to say she didn't copy those too?

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Ron appears to have a different design/approach to putting a broach on a fork, rather than a direct copy. There are many broached forks out there, including Ron's. The detachable aspect is, I guess the "new" sellign point, but I've no idea who could be the claimed originator, though I've seen the repurposing option of jewelry around on other things before, where they are designed to hold broaches, just not forks. (broach on a necklace, hat pin etc)

I liked it the idea of using one's own broach on Raven's Etsy, but wouldn't purchase, as I couldn't see what I'd be paying for. I never trust work if the maker feels a need for it to be purchased blind. I won't even purchase something that is present if the seller won't allow me to touch it.

I'm planning to buy one of his broach-forks One of the reason's I first purchased from Ron, was the pictures give you a very good idea of what to expect and amazingly the actual product manages to be even more stunning than the pics as the workmanship is second to non.

Unicorn

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

The brooch attachment is completely different than the AAB fork. I do not see it as copying. I have an AAB and I dig it, but might one day get a Quattro, b/c he makes them in slightly longer length and I'd like that. It would be nice to see the comparative effectiveness of brooch forks side by side. My spouse made one for decorative purposes only (cannot support a hairstyle) back in November with a completely different mechanism. So I think this is a case of people coming up with different ways to achieve a sought after effect.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sha-na-na View Post
    Unless someone has an actual copyright, and someone else copies an idea to the "T", I would not be upset. Truth is, people will generally flock to the better design. ...
    Hi Sha-na-na. I'm not trying to jump on you specifically, just clear something up about US copyright law.

If you make a piece of art or write something on a page, it is copyrighted. Immediately. There is no further action required on your part to protect what you have done. By creating something, it has been copyrighted.

Now trademarks are a little different. I would argue that the moon forks are certainly one of Ravenscroft's trademarks and she should probably be marking them as such. Simply saying that your business/trade is based on that unique symbol or shape or color combination or whatever gives you a bit of legal protection, but I understand that it helps to claim it. You have the option to register a trademark, which allows you to use one of those little ® symbols instead of just a ™ symbol, but that actually does require you do go through some legal hoops.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    The brooch attachment is completely different than the AAB fork. I do not see it as copying. I have an AAB and I dig it, but might one day get a Quattro, b/c he makes them in slightly longer length and I'd like that. It would be nice to see the comparative effectiveness of brooch forks side by side. My spouse made one for decorative purposes only (cannot support a hairstyle) back in November with a completely different mechanism. So I think this is a case of people coming up with different ways to achieve a sought after effect.
    Allow me to beg to differ, but it looks much the same to me. I don't much care either way as I don't buy from either of them, I'm just pointing out that I don't care for the way either of them are handling the situation.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    BSL/Tlb/Clsc
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Ron appears to have a different design/approach to putting a broach on a fork, rather than a direct copy. There are many broached forks out there, including Ron's. The detachable aspect is, I guess the "new" sellign point, but I've no idea who could be the claimed originator, though I've seen the repurposing option of jewelry around on other things before, where they are designed to hold broaches, just not forks. (broach on a necklace, hat pin etc)

I liked it the idea of using one's own broach on Raven's Etsy, but wouldn't purchase, as I couldn't see what I'd be paying for. I never trust work if the maker feels a need for it to be purchased blind. I won't even purchase something that is present if the seller won't allow me to touch it.

I'm planning to buy one of his broach-forks One of the reason's I first purchased from Ron, was the pictures give you a very good idea of what to expect and amazingly the actual product manages to be even more stunning than the pics as the workmanship is second to non.

Unicorn
    Here are two pictures of the Ravens AAB fork.

Just looking on the pictures tells me Rons has a much better quality.