Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c with Sausage Ringlets

Length
    APL/TBL/HL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default 2c with Sausage Ringlets

I've always had problems with what type to identify with (not that it matters that much anyway). My hair is made up of ringlets, although they are pretty loose and starts from about my ear (i.e. not all the way from the scalp), but practically no S-waves. But still, my hair visually appears to be more wavy than curly as you can see in the pictures. It feels wrong to call it 3a since it doesn't look like in the 3's (IMO), but also wrong to call it 2c since I have no S-waves. So I've gone with 2c/3a as typing.

What I'm asking is if having ringlets per definition makes your hair curly, or can you be a wavy with ringlets if it looks wavy visually? Any thoughts? :P

But of course, the ringlets are more defined at shorter lengths, so might be a question of length and weighing down. But still doesn't look curly enough to be in the 3's to me:

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: 2c with ringlets? Hair typing question.

I would call that 3a. I would not even go 2c/3a as the ringlets are very apparent and seem to be all over.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It's beautiful however it's classified. I wish I could help. Mine's all ringlets too, of the super fine haired sausage variety (tighter under the canopy), and I'm still clueless as to where that puts me when it comes to LHC texture. Neither 2s nor 3s describe it.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hm... what if they were 3a when they were shorter, and now they are 2c? Looks similar to my hair type, but my curls at shoulder length were less defined, so when I asked here, we all agreed on 2c/3a... but I rarely see my hair in its natural state (I usually brush it and put it up), so I'm not a curly expert. I would say that texture starting only past your ears is a very 2-ish thing. I wonder, how did you style your hair for these pictures (scrunching, styling creams, etc)? And also, do you brush your hair often or at all, and how it reacts?
    Chin | SL | APL | BSL | WL
    Trying yet again since 13 September 2020
    Scrunchies are a girl's best friend!

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I would call it 2c/3a since the ringlets are so loose they appear wavy. True 3a is springy more separated curls.

My hair is composed of ringlets too. That's why it looks so messy with my loose texture. And why all my waves seem to go in the same direction.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I could agree to 2c/3a since the length pulls it out some, to a more wavy texture.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

You are either, both, and it doesn't matter that much. But I want to say that WOW you have the most gorgeous hair.

Length
    APL/TBL/HL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thank you all for your opinions (and the compliments )! Seems like I can keep it at 2c/3a, then. It's almost like it's actually S-waves (or at least "straight" (very stretched out) spirals) when the texture starts, but the last part of the clumps are always ringlets.

Quote Originally Posted by victorian girl View Post
    Hm... what if they were 3a when they were shorter, and now they are 2c? Looks similar to my hair type, but my curls at shoulder length were less defined, so when I asked here, we all agreed on 2c/3a... but I rarely see my hair in its natural state (I usually brush it and put it up), so I'm not a curly expert. I would say that texture starting only past your ears is a very 2-ish thing. I wonder, how did you style your hair for these pictures (scrunching, styling creams, etc)? And also, do you brush your hair often or at all, and how it reacts?
    Yes I agree that texture starting below the ears are a typical type 2 thing. I think that is because my hair is very fine, it doesn't really have the strength to start curling from the top. And I've got the impression that the typical type 3 hair (at least 3b+) is coarse or at least medium.

I don't really remember how it is styled in all of the pictures. I use gel only when I plan to wear it down for a longer period of time, and sometimes plopping for a short period of time. I usually scrunch it to make it dry quicker. But it turns out pretty much the same even if I don't scrunch or style it, only frizzier and less defined, and also the ringlets can get even more stretched out because of the water that weighs it down. Still no S-waves, though.

I almost always finger detangle only, except before washing when I brush it with a tangle teezer. It actually looks pretty decent after that, but that's because I've had it in braids or updos so that most of the curl has disappeared. If I brush it before doing any sort of braids or updos, it looks like this:

...lol.
    Last edited by Cinnamonagouti; December 14th, 2018 at 08:28 AM.

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Cinamonagouti, I just want to start with, you have stunning hair! I have very similar hair - 2c, fine and ringlets, and the ringlets only start from my ears down too. My hair is thinner than yours though, I'm mid ii and it doesn't hold the ringlets as well, and if i brush the ringlets they go puff!

I classify my hair as 2c, but your spirals seem stronger and more defined than mine, so I think 2c / 3a is a good classification for you.

I do comb my hair as straight as i can get it while it is drying now which I have been enjoying lately. I am glad to see someone else here who has similarities to me! Would be interesting to know what routines you are using.
    Last edited by elfynity; December 14th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I'd say 2c/3a but you could definitely claim 3a if you want to. Your hair is a lot like mine.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights