Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with your hair type!?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    2/22/24/25

Post Are you satisfied with your hair type!?!

Hello
    Here's a picture of a hair I accidentally plucked out today while stroking.
    I used to straighten my hair sometimes, but haven't done that in about 3 months..I've grown to love my ringlets!
    What about you?
    share your thoughts..

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Are you satisfied with your hair type!?!

I have always loved my hair texture. Granted, curls were fun when I would actually curl it, but I love my finely textured straight Teflon hair
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22/26/35
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I love that my waves give me volume and interesting texture, but sometimes I long for the silky smoothness of straighter hair. Or maybe just a more uniform pattern Sometimes my hair is silky smooth S waves, and other times its wurly and frizzy and then it can be spirally or half spiral half straight. At the end of the day, I love that it has a mind of its own and am very happy with the variety it gives me!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

This is so true! I think I might have a simliar hairtype - I have a completely mixed texture, from 1c-2a wavy to 3a spirals, and from fine as spider's silk and pale blondish brown, to coarse, kinky and dark. I have loads of short, wiry hairs, too, which form frizz. I sometimes look at my hair and get really frustrated and upset at having so many different shades and thicknesses and textures all in together, with curly hairs spiking around straighter ones - but that's silly. The rest of the time it feels pretty and interesting and unique. : )

I especially like being able to choose whether I want to wear my hair wild-wavy-curly *or* straight-with-body-wave on any given day. If I brush it and apply oil as it dries, and then put it up in a bun, it falls mostly straight with a few deep, elogated s-waves; if I avoid combing it, just scrunch through some oil and a curl creme or gel and leave it in a towel or supported by my pillow overnight, then it dries in curls. It is getting harder to make it curl as it gets longer, though, so maybe I wish my curl pattern were a bit stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by ovalgal View Post
    I love that my waves give me volume and interesting texture, but sometimes I long for the silky smoothness of straighter hair. Or maybe just a more uniform pattern Sometimes my hair is silky smooth S waves, and other times its wurly and frizzy and then it can be spirally or half spiral half straight. At the end of the day, I love that it has a mind of its own and am very happy with the variety it gives me!
    Last edited by Freija; May 16th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I like my thickness. I've always wanted my hair to be a little bit more wavy/curly, like maybe a 2c instead of a 2a. But overall I like my hair type. I appreciate my unpredictable waves, and on my good days I wouldn't want my hair to look any other way! Except for longer. :P

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

If I could choose, I would love to have 2c-ish hair but I'm perfectly happy with what I have since I can't change it.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Very much. I had straight hair as a child and longed for natural curls. So much so, my mother let me get a perm when I was 8, and I LOVED my permed hair. lol After it grew out I resorted to curling it. God gave me the desires of my heart when I hit puberty and I grew a head full of ringlets naturally. If it was still straight, I'd be perming it! Thankfully that's not the case, cause perms are very bad.

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    BSL/BCL/BCL
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I think it would have been nice if my hair was either more straight or more wavy. As it is, it is kind of just lumpy. But since I sleep in a braid, I just do braid waves, and that works really well to get me more to the wavy side. All in all I don't lose any sleep over my hair texture.

As far as thickness goes, I am satisfied. I wouldnt mind a little bit thinner. I think it would be easier to do more types of updos, but the longer it gets the less of a problem it should be.
    Last edited by arr; May 16th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

You can't but be content with what you got given. I wish I had curly hair, but mine's "just" wavy. So yeah, I deal with it the best I know how.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Well, if I could choose, I would pick sleek 1b hair, thick. But that's not what I got, so I have learned to enjoy the hair I do have - 2b.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR