Thread: Hi from the North woods!

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Hi from the North woods!

Hello to all,
    My name is Kelly, & I hail from the land of Minnesota.
    I found this site of lovely locks while searching for info on Cassia (henna that doesn’t dye much). My hair is naturally golden/ashy blonde & I've been considering trying it for hair health! (though not yet- worried about it changing the color)

My routine; I've tried a few different methods, what seems to be working best is alternating between either WO or a tiny amount of shampoo & conditioner.

In highschool I suffered my hair lots of dying, bleaching, teasing, heat, etc, & over the last 4 years it’s been in healing from that. It has nearly returned to it’s natural color & grown out, though there is still some damage on the outer layers.
    My goal is to have HL hair that is strong & healthy!

This seems like a great community with lots of good info and people, I’m looking forwarding to meeting you all. :-)

Length
    10/19/39
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hi from the North woods!

Hi Kelly! You have such a lovely tapered hemline! Do you have a time frame for getting to hip or are you just going to wait and see how your hair responds?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi and welcome to LHC.

If you're unsure about how the cassia might change your color, strand test! This is *so* important. Collect some shed hair over the course of a week / a few weeks and first try the dye on that, to see whether you like the change or not!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Thank you Mellenoire, I didn't realize there was a term for this! My hair has lots of lengths (in good and bad ways) due to self cutting since forever and teasing & chopping the top layers too short many years ago..
    Time frame is as soon as my hair decides to grow that long. I am hoping within a year, but it tends to grow rather slow - this is a big reason I joined the LHC! Hopefully I will find effective ways to make it healthier and grow quicker

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

lapushka- that is a good idea. I have slightly different shades of hair (the outside is lighter than underneath ) so I suppose I should strand test each of these. Thanks for the tip!