Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MULTIPLE QUESTIONS - Type of hair where you live

Length
    21/29/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Post MULTIPLE QUESTIONS - Type of hair where you live

This thread has too many options to make a poll, so I put the questions below with all the references.

I would like to know what it's the average type of hair where do you live. I also included "color" like a characteristic of type of hair (It makes reference to the natural color). This thread also contemplates characteristic like the ethnicity of the people (There is no intention to offense in this).

1- Where do you live?
    (If it's a big country like USA OR Canada, please, specify your city. Also, if you live in a country with a big diversity of ethnic group)

2- What is your type of hair?
    (References below)

3- Did you always have this type of hair? What was your type of hair before?

4- What is the average type of hair in your country/city?
    (You can specify two or three if there's more than one ethnic group predominant. References below)

5- What is the average type of hair in your family?
    (References below)

References:
    (Original thread HERE)

FIRST CLASSIFIER - Your curliness (or lack thereof)

1a - stick straight
    1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
    1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)
    2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
    2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
    2c - distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there
    3a - big, loose spiral curls
    3b - bouncy ringlets
    3c - tight corkscrews
    4a - tightly coiled S-curls
    4b - tightly coiled hair bending in sharp angles (Z-pattern)

SECOND CLASSIFIER - What (most of) your individual strands look like

F - Fine
    Thin strands that sometimes are almost translucent when held up to the light. Shed strands can be hard to see even against a contrasting background. Similar to hair found on many people of Scandinavian descent.
    You can also try rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger. Fine hair is difficult to feel or it feels like an ultra-fine strand of silk

M - Medium
    Strands are neither fine nor coarse. Similar to hair found on many Caucasians.
    You can also try rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger. Medium hair feels like a cotton thread. You can feel it, but it isn't stiff or rough. It is neither fine or coarse.

C - Coarse
    Thick strands that where shed strands usually are easily identified against most backgrounds. Similar to hair found on many people of Asian or native American descent.
    You can also try rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger. Coarse hair feels hard and wiry. As you roll it back and forth, you may actually hear it.

THIRD CLASSIFIER - Your overall volume of hair

Put your hair in a ponytail with as much hair as possible in it. Don't bother with the way it looks - the goal is to have most/all of your hair in there. If it means it sits smack dab on top of your head, put it there.
    Measure the circumference of the ponytail. If you have bangs and/or you can't get all of your hair in there adjust according to how much of your hair you have measured.

i - thin (less than 2 inches/5 centimeters)
    ii - normal (between 2-4 inches or 5-10 centimeters)
    iii - thick (more than 4 inches/10 centimeters)

FOURTH CLASSIFIER - Natural color

Blonde
    Redhead
    Brunette

NOTE: As you know, if the type is not exact or you're not sure, you can make an approximation with two types. With the color, I know there's too many variant and names you can give to them, but I choose the three most common. So, for example, If you are a Blondette, you can put Blonde/Brunette as you color type. And also... I don't expect that you know the exact type of hair of everyone, you can make an approximation.
    Last edited by Almendra; November 13th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~WL ~ HL ~ TL

Length
    1/10/26
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Type of hair where do you live

1- Where do you live?
    Republika Srpska
    2c/M/ii/Brunette
    Always had this type of hair.
    1b/M/i/Brunette/Blonde
    3a/C/ii/iii/Brunette

Type
    2a/F/i

1- Where do you live?
    Wisconsin USA
    1c/F/i/blonde/brunette
    Always had this type of hair.
    Blonde, brown
    Dyed and fried?

Length
    28 in/40 in/48+in
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

1. Where do you live ?
    Italy
    2. What is your type of hair ?
    1b/c M/C ii/iii (borderline on everything!) / black
    3. Did you always have this type of hair ? What was your type of hair before ?
    Yes, always had this type of hair.
    4. What is the average type of hair in your country ?
    2c M ii / brunette
    5. What is the average type of hair in your family ?
    like mine; except for a few 'foreigners' with short, fine blonde hair

Length
    Hip/Pixie/Fun
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

1- Where do you live?

Texas

2b/m/iii Brunette with a lot of gray

My hair was thicker when I was younger

(You can specify two or three if there's more than one ethnic group predominant. References below)

It's all over the map, I live in a diverse area with people of different ethnicities.

(References below)

a lot of 3a and 3b redheads in my family
    Last edited by melesine; November 14th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: MULTIPLE QUESTIONS - Type of hair where you live

[QUOTE=Almendra;2564087][CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][I]

1- Where do you live?
    In the countryside of the one of the mid-Atlantic States USA. Some diversity of people here but most are white Americans of English descent who came in the 18th century or before and/or German descent, came to US same time. I myself am of mixed race Caribbean descent, so sort of stick out! though there are other black people, its very few.

3c, coarse, iii thickness

Always had this type of hair. I was a curly baby.
    I would guess, 1c -2a, fine, average thickness but its hard to tell, there's very little natural hair to be seen. Most are fair enough to be convincing blondes and something like 80% of the grown women bleach their hair (and probably do other things too). However, the majority of children are naturally blond, until either age 7 or so, some until age 12. Most of the men have blonette hair, so I would guess most of the women naturally do too. There don't seem to be many curlies, however, women do come to me and confess to being curly and blow-drying and flat ironing, so there may be a lot more than I think. Many of the children are wavy.
    the most common color of eyes are blue, and just about everyone complains about not tanning well-the people in this area are fair.

Two very different sides. Dad's side ranges from 2c-3c, some 2a or 2b, very few perhaps 4a, mostly this side all has coarse strong hair that's pretty indestructible. mom's side, 4b and 4c (if 4c exists), ultra baby fine, breaks easily. Me and siblings have hair more like Dad's.

It all sticks out in this area, though--none of us look anything like Northern European background blonds!

Length
    apl/apl/hip?
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

1- Where do you live?
    I live in Phoenix, Arizona. USA

1c, f, i/ii, naturally blonde

I have mostly always had the same type of hair. I guess it was a much lighter blonde when I was young and darkened as I got older.

Lots of people around here have thicker, darker, and/or wavier hair than me (The american southwest has a lot of native american and hispanic people). In a few of my classes in highschool, I was the only blonde girl in class! Since dying my hair brown, I feel like I fit in a bit more with the whole of the population around here.

About the same as mine, Some have more fine hair and some less fine.. but mostly all 1c and very blonde.

1- Where do you live?
    Ireland

2a/M/iii/dark auburn

It was more 1c before puberty. Prob darkened slightly since then. Always M/iii

Hmm.. this is really hard to answer. People can alter the appearance of their hair so easily.
    Medium brown is probably the most common....? As for thickness and density, it's very hard to say, varies a lot.

(References below)
    ranging from 1c to 2c/M/Mostly iii and some ii as well. Colours: shades of black, dark brown, auburn

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: MULTIPLE QUESTIONS - Type of hair where you live

Quote Originally Posted by Almendra View Post
    1- Where do you live?
    Belgium.

2aFiii

It was always as thick and fine (that especially), but not as wavy. I used to have, I guess, 1b/c'ish hair, before puberty hit.

1b/cNii

Spans all the 1s up to my dad's 2a/b waves. F and N and all the ranges from i to iii.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

1- Where do you live?
    Slovenia

2b, M/C, ii, medium or medium to dark ash brown

0-10 years old- straight then slightly wavy, probably on the thick side of medium thickness
    11-20 years old- wavy then curly, very coarse, thick hair
    20-... wavy hair, medium thickness

I think light, medium brown, straight to slightly wavy hair is the most common (1a-1c, ii)

medium brown, 1a-1c, ii
    Last edited by Vampyria; November 13th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.