Thread: My first hair toy and first parandi attempt

Length
    BSL/SL/Clssc
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default My first hair toy and first parandi attempt

I've been here for a while, learning a lot. I'm happy to announce: I finally got my very first actual hair toy in the mail. (not counting elastics!)

It's a pair of carved bone owl-shaped quecraft hair sticks! Also ordered a 66th street fork today, so that'll be my first big-ticket hairtoy.

I also made my first paranda using pink wool after watching arrowodenn's youtube video on how to make one (I dithered because I didn't understand the knot. )

The braided bun looks off-balance in hair-to-wool ratio because of my layers and because it's my first attempt to braid with the parandi... but I think it'll be okay for work (my job is a casual call center) I only had to use one stick with it, too, which is neat.

Also, sorry for terrible pic quality. Had to take the picture on my laptop myself. x.x

I just had to share! I've not been able to get any toys because SO is unemployed, but he just got a job and I decided to treat myself after living frugally for three months.

Oh, and after reading about it here, I also ordered a toadstool pumpkin crunch shampoo from etsy. Review will come later. So many new things! Squee!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: My first hair toy and first parandi attempt

Enjoy! If you are anything like me you will get many, many more! These look great on you, and very nice updo, too!

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

that owl stick is very cute! Yay to new hair toys

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Whats a parandi? I love the way you've put the hair stick!
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

I am so jealous, those owl sticks are awesome! It's great that you're able to spoil yourself right now with so many new things.