Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Salon cut off 2x more than I asked for

Length
    apl/Mbl/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Unhappy Salon cut off 2x more than I asked for

So today I went to the salon to get some of my dead ends cut off. I asked for 4 inches she cut off 8 inches. My hair went from about hip lenght(the longest layer being bcl) to mbl. I was so upset I ran to the car and cried. The worst part is nobody in my family understands. So anybody else ever get more cut off then you wanted? How did you deal?

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Salon cut off 2x more than I asked for

I didn't get cut off more than I wanted, exactly, but I got a real hack job one time.

I wanted a TRIM and came out looking like this:

Everyone said it was cute and didn't understand why I was upset. *sigh* I think they were trying to make me feel better, but dangit, why did they have to lie to my face? It looked like a six year old cut it!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The salon ALWAYS cut off twice as much as I asked. (& I went to a different place every time) I swear haircutting school needs a special class in measurements...

How did I deal with it? For many years I neglected my hair, because I didn't know how to care for it myself and I didn't trust stylists. Later, I learned how to cut my own hair. I get exactly what I want now, and it's way cheaper.
    Last edited by earthnut; July 22nd, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    27/33/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

I'm so sorry honey! Maybe you should look into Faye's self trimming methods; if you're cutting it you have a great deal more control over how much is cut.

Just try to think that you have a thicker healthier hemline now, weither or not you needed it.
    Curious to know about Islam? Let me know!
    :shoulder::brastrap::midback::waist::hip::bcl::tailbone::classic:: thigh!

Length
    15/36/45?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Robanna, your hair is beautiful! I'm so sorry you experienced this! Many LHC members have and get cuts they didn't ask for. Usually the consensus is let the owner/manager know. No need to get disrespectful, rude or ugly about it, (no matter what you're really feeling!) but it's important for the stylist and owner to know that what a customer asks for is what they expect. I don't know why stylists take it upon themselves to decide what is "best". It's this fear that has kept me out of salon chair for years.

You've joined a community that definitely understands what you've been through! And I've gotten my cut from H@() too. I had shoulder length hair at the time and wanted shaping/trim and had gotten a nice cut from this woman before. (I even brought in a picture of the cut I wanted for her ). During the cut she gets a phone call that her neice/daughters friend (I dont remmeber) was just caught shoplifting. She was so freaked out she proceeded to just about shear me. I literally had 1 1//2" of hair on most of my head. I can't link the 'after' pic. but its on my "page" here. It may help with the "It could have been worse" line of thinking.

~ A
    Last edited by akuamoonmaui; July 22nd, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

awww thats awful! i would feel really upset too >.< a least TLHC understands your pain. I wish i can go shoot whoever did that to your hair
    Current Hair length: Tailbone with layers

Length
    -Chin/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    How did I deal with it? For many years I neglected my hair, because I didn't know how to care for it myself and I didn't trust stylists. Later, I learned how to cut my own hair. I get exactly what I want now, and it's way cheaper.
    I do the same! I last let someone else cut my hair 3 years ago, and even then it was my mums friend who was a hairdresser and who I trusted! That was before my last major cut too, I didn't want to pay someone to lop off my hair so I did it myself. I do not let anyone near my hair and when it needs a trim I section in off layer by layer and trim from there. All my growth now has been trimmed by myself and I don't think it's ever looked too bad
    -Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ TB

Indigo-optimist.blogspot.com

Length
    -Chin/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

Oops, computer went weird and I accidentally double posted :s
    -Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ TB

Indigo-optimist.blogspot.com

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Yay. More hair dresser bashing. Not.

I can't help but feel offended when this place gets going on us.
    I guess it hurts my feelings because most of you basically that ALL hair dressers are the same and I absolutely SWEAR they are definitely NOT.

I wish I could cut the whole LHC's hair. You would all be incredibly happy and pleased
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    I didn't get cut off more than I wanted, exactly, but I got a real hack job one time.

I wanted a TRIM and came out looking like this:

Everyone said it was cute and didn't understand why I was upset. *sigh* I think they were trying to make me feel better, but dangit, why did they have to lie to my face? It looked like a six year old cut it!
    Everything looks fine but I can NOT believe that someone would do that to the front of your hair....I did that to one of my doll heads in the very first week of beauty college. Never in a salon on a real person ahah. I am sorry.
    Taking an LHC break.