Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need of help 2 months till my wedding hair is a mess

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Need of help 2 months till my wedding hair is a mess

Hi everyone I'm new here, been reading this site about a week now
    My hair became so damamge but dying it, and never having trims the past 2 years
    I had long hair most of my life the past two years my hair been wsl
    And crumbled up to bsl then I got fed up w my hair on top being thicker and damage hair I cut to apl last month my hair was healthy again, but now isn't
    My hair somehow my front layers got shorter and underneath seems way shorter so I have a few long strands and my hair looks
    Last edited by momoftwo708; November 27th, 2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Self-portrait removed per user request.

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Need of help 2 months till my wedding hair is a mess

[img]https://i50.tinypic.com/ir6qut.jpg[/
    Last edited by momoftwo708; November 27th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I think if you're just worried about your wedding day, salons are great at working one-day magic. If you're interested in longer term hair care, there is a ton of information here.

I think your hair doesn't look that bad at all though. I would have it trimmed up and it looks pretty good.

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I would just baby it like you have been doing, read around and have faith. A good updo hides a multitude of sins.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I would not wait until the week before the wedding to have your hair dyed. There are risks, and I'm sure you don't want to be photographed with hair some weird color or frazzled from dye gone wrong.

Regular trims with sharp scissors are - to me - an important component of good care. It will not make your hair break off even more.

I don't know if you don't speak English well, or don't write well. I can't tell, but understanding your post is extremely difficult for me because I couldn't really follow a given idea since you switch the subject so fast.

At any rate, your photo in your signature photo doesn't look anything like your post suggests.

For a wedding updo or style, I'd consider going to a professional that knows how to prepare your look for the day and for photos.

After that, to straighten out your hair issues, I just can't understand the difficulty. But you are doing stuff to your hair that longhaired folks don't do. We use almost no heat, the longer the hair is, we wear it up. We wash our hair a certain way; we condition our hair with quality conditioners and many rely on oils to help them. These are all discoverable how-to's as you continue to be a member here. There's a lot to know, and there's no quick solution. Healthy hair is an exercise in patience, as is the having longer hair. The first thing you need to know is how hair grows, as a backdrop to the why we do things the way we do them. Trimming is not your problem. You have fallacial thinking equating trouble with your hair as a result of a trim. There is something you're doing that you don't realize is causing the problem.

If you can somehow write more clearly, I might be able to help you. Unfortunately I can't make heads nor tails out of your post.

Sorry.

Congratulations on joining and your impending nuptials.
    heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I agree with heidi, your post is extremely confusing.
    From what I can gather, it sounds like your hair is extremely fragile and brittle? This can be helped with conditioning, oils, and eliminating heat tools. Honestly, in your pics, I think your hair looks pretty fried. Bleach and heat do not an awesome head of hair make, and if you want to have any chance of rescuing your hair before September you're going to have to stop dying and baby it a little more.
    If you want to stop dying it for good, you should stop now, instead of dying it your natural color first. That's just more damage that your hair will have to take and it might not take to it too well.
    Congrats on your wedding!
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I, too, have trouble understanding your post.
    I would guess that your hair is damaged from heat and chemicals, and there is no quick fix for this. As Heidi w. says, growing healthy hair is an exercise in patience.
    We can't point you to some magical formula that will provide you with healthy hair for your wedding - what we can do, is suggest methods for handling your hair that can prevent further damage - and maybe - to an extent - help you camouflage existing damage.
    For your wedding hair, I,too, would recommend that you make an appointment with a skilled professional. She should be able to make your hair look great for the wedding.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi, sorry my post didnt make any sense, trying to type while dealing with my two toddlers, sorry!
    Question is has anyone ever expereince bad breakage, and will at home treatments for my hair work towards getting back to normal.
    I do have a hair stylist she will be doing a hair trail next month. I just regret what I have done to my hair but I am hoping everything I am doing, biotin vitamins & at home hair masks and also monistat will help it grow, this thread is giving me tons of info, I will deff not make the same mistake again

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This article should give you an understanding of damaged hair, and some tips for rehabilitating. But understand that the only way to get healthy hair, is to grow out and trim away the damaged parts.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights