Thread: Velcro ends

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Question Velcro ends

I'm wondering what velcro ends look like... Can anyone provide a picture? And how do you recognize them? I have this fear that I have velcro ends- though people around me tell me the ends of my hair look healthy.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Velcro ends

Responded in your blog.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Responded in your blog.
    Thank you!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

It's feel more than anything, and really it just means that your hair is tangling at the ends. Your hair sure doesn't look like it would be a problem for you! Sometimes it means you need a trim or a good S & D session, but sometimes it just means you need to clarify. Believe me, you'll know if you get them.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    It's feel more than anything, and really it just means that your hair is tangling at the ends. Your hair sure doesn't look like it would be a problem for you! Sometimes it means you need a trim or a good S & D session, but sometimes it just means you need to clarify. Believe me, you'll know if you get them.
    For me, it meant I needed to seriously up my moisture. My ends were dry, rough, and super-tangly but I found a good heavy leave-in that fixed them right up (I did clarify also beforehand, but that alone without other changes didn't help).
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Yeah, moisture, too. My hair always needs moisture!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    Thank you!!! That makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    For me, it meant I needed to seriously up my moisture. My ends were dry, rough, and super-tangly but I found a good heavy leave-in that fixed them right up (I did clarify also beforehand, but that alone without other changes didn't help).
    I'll do that if I ever get them!

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Try a drop of baby oil on them! It worked for me! I can only use it once a month or so tho, else my hair is unhappy!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I agree with the others. before I came to LHC my hair was very velcroy as I was not using conditioner. I would brush my hair, walk through my house for 10 minutes, and then find my hair in a tangle-frack from dust (sticking to the uplifted hair follicles)....and my house isn't even that dusty! You'll know you have velcroy hair when you run your fingers through it some time after brushing, and your fingers catch almost every time....I would also describe it as very rough feeling. Finding a proper moisturizing shampoo+conditioner is what really helped my hair. also using a satin pillowcase
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!