Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Regret

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Hair Regret

Self-trimming was my thing in 2011! But then for some reason I got it in my silly little head that I needed a "Professional" cut...
    It was the biggest mistake ever! It ruined my hair, thinned it out and added wayyy too many layers. I partially blame myself for not giving the hairdresser much instruction, but I regret it nonetheless.

DOES ANY ONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE "HAIR REGRET?"

My first one came in 2009 - with, what I commonly refer to as "the bleach disaster." Picture can be found on my profile. However, it did lead me to The Long Hair Community so that wasn't bad!

I have been so depressed this time around because I found The Long Hair Community and my hair looked soooo good....and now its just alllll GONE!

I need to commiserate with all of you over this!!! Maybe it will help me feel better and get back to posting...and posting pics!!

Visit my profile for pictures...soon, hopefully soon, I will be adding more pics

Thank you in advance!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    Pixie/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Regret

Me too! I got layers and finally gave into the pressure to thin my lovely thick hair (I'm growing out from pixie, currently in between shoulder and APL). I hate my hair now. I want it to be long, I regret cutting it so much, I regret highlighting, I regret everything! I sympathize with you! I guess we just need to wait for it all to come back.
    Lady Hayley of IMAGINATION, Seeker of the Moon and the Silver Sea in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kittengirl View Post
    Me too! I got layers and finally gave into the pressure to thin my lovely thick hair (I'm growing out from pixie, currently in between shoulder and APL). I hate my hair now. I want it to be long, I regret cutting it so much, I regret highlighting, I regret everything! I sympathize with you! I guess we just need to wait for it all to come back.
    Yes, and learn from our mistakes and never do it again!!!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Time & patience will make it grow. And before you know it, you will have beautiful long hair.
    When it gets longer if you wear it in a bun five days a week, it will protect your hair. You wont
    have split ends, and when you wear it down, you will notice its longer.

Length
    18/47/53
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I feel your pain, I've been there.

About 6 years ago I cut my one layer Hip Length hair up to BSL and had it heavily layered and added blonde and red highlights. It was gorgeous for 3 days...then I washed it and had to style it myself. It never looked right again even with a blowfryer, curling iron, hot rollers and hairspray. (cringe!)

Plus, my hair is Fine so the layering didn't add "movement", it just made my stick-straight hair hang in shaggy strings that were fried from the highlighting.

Never. Again.

Now 6 years later, I'm finally back at Hip. The ends are uneven and a little damaged from those highlights but I've seen a lot of improvement since I found LHC. Baby your hair starting NOW! Don't wait like I did, my hair could look and feel sooo much better if I had immediately and consistently treated like antique lace.

Ugh, live and learn.

Length
    ~21/31/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Bleaching my hair to get the red out! The amount of times I had to dye my hair after that to get it to remain a brownish colour and not orange... sigh.
    If I had just dyed it a medium ash brown over the red and let it grow from there (and not cared about fading), I would have so much more virgin hair and it would be a helll of a lot longer and healthier! Oh well, my evil ways led me here
    | CBL | SL | BSL | MBL | WL+ | HL |

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My biggest hair regret would be believing to what various hairdressers had to say to me. That would be the main reason my hair had never grown past APL before.

They said stuff like: your natural colour is mousy and boring so you should always dye your hair, you need layers because you have no volume, you should come to have your hair cut every 6 weeks or your hair will not grow ... I can't believe how naive I was to believe all that crap. Never again!
    Last edited by Tota; May 12th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

My most recent hair regret was *just* before I found LHC!

I had a few inches taken off AND layers! )-:

I hate the layers, and now that I'm super into growing long hair I wish I hadn't gone for the cut.

I've done a looooot of terrible things to my hair in the past, the worst in my teens...

I bleached it 6 times (IN A ROW) to get it from black to.... yellow/orange/brown.

Then I plopped bright red dye on it & cut it with a razor.

In retrospect I loved it, but I cringe so much looking back on how much damage I must have caused. :

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    Ear/37/TB/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hair regret 1)
    Cutting it to ear length in 2009
    It's been 3 years and it's only just BSL
    Hair regret 2)
    Dyeing it auburn in 2010/11
    I didn't realise that once you dye it never fades out
    So much for "Semi-permanent"
    Hair regret 3)
    Getting super-short above-ear-length layers cut in 2011
    Now they've grown to my chin but I still wish they were longer

Lady Inimeitiel, Daughter of the English Rose 🥀

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

The constant dyeing and bleaching. Really wish I'd stopped that sooner but it was so addictive.

Also, getting layers and a side-fringe put in in December. Seemed like a good idea at the time but I'm now growing them out!