Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shampoo and Conditioner 2-in-1

Length
    Chin/SL/Tlbne

Default Shampoo and Conditioner 2-in-1

What do you think of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners? Are they good for your hair?

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Shampoo and Conditioner 2-in-1

Depends on what brand you use. The sauve natural I think would be good.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

There's a product called Hair One which is a cleansing conditioner. It's not entirely natural as it does contain silicones, but it's much healthier than most other shampoo/conditioners, and it's two in one. It's a more affordable version of Wen, basically. I have not tried it, but I have read only good things.

Length
    18/24/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't use them because different parts of my hair require such different products but if you have fairly manageable hair it might be a good option for you. I would say you should try one out and see if you like it

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've been using one for years. I'm all about low maintenance and doing that saves a step in the shower. I don't think it is good for the hair though. After a few washes my hair always gets really tangly and I follow the 2-in-1 with a real conditioner that I leave on for about 5 minutes before rinsing it out. Well that's what I did before I joined here. At that point I was washing daily, then every other day, then twice a week. I would usually do the DT once a week.

Now I only wash once a week and I always follow with GFTN conditioner. About once a month I also coat my hair in coconut oil before hand (anywhere from one hour to overnight.)

My hair has never been overly dry or anything. Since using the oil my hair is actually pretty soft. Do I think it would be better if I wasn't using the 2-in-1? Absolutely! However sometimes I am too practical for my own good and plan to use up all my 2-in-1 before I try anything else. When joining here I had 2.5 large bottles. I still have about 1 3/4 left a year later.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My hair does not like two in one shampoo/conditioner at all! But I think Lostsoule77 is right about different areas needing different things. My hair just feels really dry and frizzy after I use them.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Two in one types are working at cross purposes. You want to keep them separate.

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

2 in 1s are the perfect product for some. They are definitely convenient, but for years, for some unknown reasons, my hair really took to these products. I have specifically seen it recommended for fine hair, although Im sure it would work for others too!

New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    23/24.5/32
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm currently using a 2 in 1 product. I find that it helps with my dry scalp and keeps the new growth from getting overly dried out like with a normal shampoo, but it's not enough to moisturize the length of my hair. I still use a normal conditioner afterward to keep the length/ends from getting dried out.

I think of it as a supplement to conditioner rather than a substitute for a shampoo AND conditioner. HTH!

Length
    Neck/?/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I dislike 2-in-1's because it always left my hair hard to comb out. It would seem like there was more 'shampoo' than 'conditioner'. I have used HE Hello Hydration 2-in-1 and my hair didn't like it one bit. My step brother can use it and I guess he has no problem with it, but then again, he's a guy guy and doesn't really care about his hair as long as it smells good and 'looks' good.
    Shoulders-APL-BSL-Waist