Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumpy Hair Strands

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Bumpy Hair Strands

What I mean by this is that when I pinch a single strand of hair and run my fingers down it, I can feel grooves and bumps; it's not at all smooth. It's the same with the new baby hair.

Anyone else have this problem?

Length
    sl/apl/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Bumpy Hair Strands

I have some hairs like that. The majority of my hair isn't like that at all, but there are enough for me to notice. The hairs I have like that are also wavy, but not with a defined wave pattern, so they stand out more when they are short, baby hairs. I think they are from coarser hair strands than my overall coarseness, or from wavier strands than my overall texture; maybe both. I know that mine are natural and not from any heat damage or mechanical damage, but I suppose a similar effect could occur from heat or mechanical damage.
    I recently figured out that my hair is wavy/curly!
    Seeking advice for my 2c/3a/3b F curls which easily become 2a/2b in wind and are 1c/2a if combed while wet and not scrunched. (The reason it took me so long to notice I was curly!)

Length
    BSL/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I feel the same thing too. Always has felt that way... I always think it feels like difference in thickness that changes along the shaft.

Diet influence perhaps?

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Some of my hairs are this way. Those tend to stick out from the rest of my hair and make it look less smooth, which annoys me, but I don't think it's an issue with hair health, just texture/thickness of strands.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Some of my really coarse hairs are like this. They look kind of weird and twisty compared to the smoothness of my other hairs. Since they do this all the way to the root, I am fairly certain that it is normal and not damage.
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I have hairs like this too. It looks like the strand kept changing it's mind about what thickness it wanted to be as it was growing out. They're a little harder to tame, but it's whatever. I've noticed my new hairs coming in are like that too. I'm not too worried about it though.

Length
    ears/34"/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I have these too. They really bug me

Length
    3"/21"/30"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I have those on the thicker hairs too. My hair texture changed from a couple years ago, so I'm assuming that there may be some kind of hormonal whatsit going on. As I take plenty of vitamins, I'm monitoring it over coming months to see if it smooths out any.
    Walking Encyclopedia of Weirdness©, 3rd Edition

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Lol - it's not a problem - it's the texture of your hair. As more of these grow in you can embrace some fabulous waves. Try scrunching your hair when wet and see if you can't entice some of it already.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Some of my hairs are this way. Those tend to stick out from the rest of my hair and make it look less smooth, which annoys me, but I don't think it's an issue with hair health, just texture/thickness of strands.
    Thing is ALL of my hairs are this way, I've tested a lot. It may be a dietary thing; I've been a vegetarian for a couple of years now.