Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thin Bangs

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Thin Bangs

Do any of you have bangs, and have hair that is thin in the front? I look better with bangs, but got rid of them because they were so thin and flyaway, and always looked messed up. They also got greasy so quickly.

Would hate to cut them after waiting so long for them to grow out, but I do like myself better with them. I have a Round face shape.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

South Carolina...but I'm a recent transplant from Florida, my home state.
    Length
    18.5/23/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Thin Bangs

Hi Lisa ~ I'm growing my bangs out, but am still unsure what my final style decision will be on them. I've had them most of my life, but they have thinned, especially on one side and I thought I see what they look like long. They are just below my eyes now.

The problem with having them long would be that I think I have a big forehead, and I don't want to look bald when I pull my hair back. Pulling it back & putting it up just reveals my thin areas....Yucko!

So...that's my situation.

About your bangs: Is the rest of your hair one length? Maybe you could get some long bangs that would frame your eyes & checkbones. If that wasn't the look you wanted, you could always go shorter later. Hope you find a good solution!
    My avatar pic is blow-dried ~ The picture below is after air drying

Length
    16/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I look a lot better with bangs too. I think they're a little annoying, and yes they do get oily a lot quicker than the rest of my hair, but to me it's worth it. I've started just throwing some baby powder on my bangs when they start to get oily and then clipping them back on the day before wash day if they are too oily. If you want them to be less thin, cut them farther back. That helped mine a lot. I especially didn't like that any amount of wind would blow them around, but getting them cut farther back helped the problem.

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I have a thin side fringe:

Yeah, it gets greasy quickly and can be a pain, but with my face shape I need it.

Account Closed by Member Request

Me! I have very thin hair in the front. Hardly any really, most of my hair grows from the back for some reason. Bangs have never been my friend, they got oily within an hour after washing, they were thin and sparse and they made my face look rounder and wierd. Every time I thought about getting bangs and then went through with it, I regretted it the next day and immediately started growing them out, and oh my gosh what a long painful process that is!

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well, when I decided to grow mine out, I said never again would I have bangs. They just weren't worth it. Also, if I cut them further back, I'll have less hair that is long.....
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

You could get some clip on bangs and wear those when you want them.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well, I never thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by kwaniesiam View Post

2b-F-ii

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by kwaniesiam View Post
    Yes! This is an awesome idea, I've thought about doing this myself just for fun!!

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Do you henna? From the color in your sig I'm guessing yes (or you are blessed with a gorgeous natural red). You can find a shade close to your natural color and henna the bangs if they're human hair to get an exact match or you can try to find ones pretty close. There are a few places that will pop up if you google clip on bangs.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!