Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: for fine/thinnies: Bangs/fringe/layers or all one length?

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default for fine/thinnies: Bangs/fringe/layers or all one length?

Which do you prefer?
    I've been seriously thinking about cutting in bangs/fringe but I don't want to take away from my thickness as my hair grows-I do think bangs look better on me than without(I've been looking at pictures of eye-brow skimming bangs) but when my hair gets past BSL I feel I need all the hair the same length as possible to mazimize thickness. Which do you prefer(maybe this should be a poll question)
    Right now I have grown out my bangs for the umpteenth time and yes it does make a difference in pony circumference.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: for fine/thinnies: Bangs/fringe/layers or all one length?

It is a conundrum, isn't it.

Personally I was *delighted* when my bangs finally grew out enough to be part of my updo. Seemed like it took about forever to get there, also. Plus, my bangs always looked oily/greasy and made me want to wash my hair more often - though I usually ended up just washing the bangs.

Although I probably look better with bangs, I need all my thickness (ha, what? ) for any updo, and bangs made my updo efforts look very strange.

Perhaps you can encourage what few "baby hairs" you have at your hairline in front to act like softening, fluff them up a bit, let them be sort of frizzy? I find that works well for me now, it really does help soften the hairline.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I have cat fine hair that is settling down post spay, so I have thinner hair than before. I have bangs as my glasses break the front hairs eventually, then it's a mess. More layers look awful, my hair goes limp.

Length
    Jaw/n/a/Hip?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

I have a couple of layers. Just a small amount from nose - mouth level (I'm so lazy when it comes to cutting them) and the same amount around an inch below my chin. It's a small amount of hair that I'm happy to give up from an updo since it makes my hair look better no matter how I'm wearing it.
    Hanging out around BSL and just going with the flow.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I love having bangs. They're very versatile. They add "bulk" where I need it: the front, and near my temples.

I find that when I grow them out, even if my pony measures a hair (yar! har) thicker, when it's down it all compresses into the same slippery fine stuff anyway. It really doesn't *look* thicker when I grow my bangs out and I love to wear at least part of it up much of the time anyway. So why suffer with a facial look I don't like (completely bare, and a very small/narrow forehead) rather than having this little bit to play with, or skim back if I want to? Works for me!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Personally, I won't go near bangs- but that's because I have a small/normal forehead and hate having hair in my face- it freaks me out... weird I know.

I do like layers though, my hair looks less heavy that way.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Embee! You just gave me the idea to use aloe gel in the winter on those front wispies to fake some body! The aloe of course needs to stay away from the rest of my hair, lest it resemble straw.

Babyfine, I have no idea which is best. The all-one length, straight look seems best pulled off by those with cute features and great skin. I.e., not me. But layers are a big no-no for me, and if I sacrifice valuable hemline strands for 'face-framing layers', I'm left with straight strings hanging in my face and a thinner hemline.

After four years I still don't have the answer.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

ALL ONE LENGTH!!!
    I've always had bang and layers, it's so bad in my fine and thin thin hair! All one length for sure. Bangs will suffice if someone is self conscious of their face shape without bangs, but for me I can't wait for all of mine to grow out.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    14 in/31.5/44 in
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i

I have a love hate relationship with bangs but when but when I cut them they go in a phase. I start with blunt bangs and as they grow I get them shaped into side swept and then when they finally reach chin length I get face framing layers. Then I start all over again!

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I will never give up my bangs!!! I love the different ways they can look around my face - versatility - and how i can change the image i want to project. I can style them trendy, elegant, or tousled, depending on my mood. It will be a big change if yiu go for it, but you can aleays start with just a little bit and see how you feel. Good luck! If yiu cut them, start a thread and let us know!!
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems