Thread: The Beautiful Curls Haircare Line?

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default The Beautiful Curls Haircare Line?

Has anyone else used the products from this line? How did it work out for you?

I dropped by Whole Foods earlier this week to look for some amla oil (which I never found...) and ran across a haircare line called "Beautiful Curls." There were products for wavy/loosely curly hair and for curly/kinky hair. I decided to drop the $9 and get the wavy shampoo-- I wanted to try the leave-in, too, but decided that, if I hated the shampoo, I didn't want to have spent $18 on crap I didn't like! The products are supposed to bring out your natural waves/curls, and I figured that, even if it didn't do that for me, I had been wanting to try a SLS-free poo, anyway. (Plus, it smells kind of like a baby product... )

Well, I used it, and it got my hair SQUEAKY clean, which freaked me out. It's supposed to not strip your hair, but it really did a number on mine. A few days later, my hair is still kind of dry... I followed with my normal Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner and an ACV rinse. I also did a Garnier leave-in spray, which I normally don't do, but the squeakiness freaked me out. So the pics might look like my hair is still wet... it's just the leave-in. (NOTE: a couple days later, my hair is super dry and much straighter.)

So... is this just messy straight hair (as I didn't comb like I normally do), or is it stretched waves?

(Yes, I know I've got an awful hemline... hehe.)

With a clip, because I love wearing clips, but can't do it when my hair is straighter because they just slide out.

As you can see, my hair is still kinda frizzy, but this is NOTHIN' next to what my hair is USUALLY like if I don't comb it wet!!!

I think I'll go ahead and get the leave-in when I'm at Whole Foods next week and see if that does anything for me. The waves remained through the night and during the next morning until I combed-- then I had my usual straight hair with body wave only. Maybe the leave-in will make them last longer, or make them wavier, or something. I just wish my hair weren't so thin so they didn't look so stringy.

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Beautiful Curls Haircare Line?

I grabbed the leave-in a few weeks ago. (But not the shampoo.) I've been using it as a wash-out, and it does seem to bring out more waves. As a leave-in it left my hair gunky and clumpy. I think maybe I used too much, but any less and I couldn't get my fingers through it. The scent is starting to remind of of bubblegum.

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Did you use a regular wash-out conditioner before using the leave-in? The bottle doesn't say to, but I'm wondering if it would still work okay that way...

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Annibelle View Post
    Did you use a regular wash-out conditioner before using the leave-in? The bottle doesn't say to, but I'm wondering if it would still work okay that way...
    I didn't use one. I do think I like it as a wash-out, though, my hair is pretty soft after using it. I just wish my darn canopy would wave up the way my under layer has.