Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why the intensity

Length
    15/24.5/37
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default why the intensity

Still consider myself a short hair person so don't feel I am obsessive over hair .. Nothing makes me cringe more then seeing a beautiful person with beautiful hair down to their thighs having it hacked off with a cheering mob.. It just feels so wrong at the crowds behavior, seems like hate at a stoneing... I truly think Tyra Banks has an issue with women with long beautiful hair for all her hack jobs she puts the top model contestants through,, and even on her regular show she took the sicissors and cut way above what the girl with shin length hair agree'd to.. she agree'd to between waist and bsl and Tyra cut it to shoulder with an unkind grin on her face.. Then on Murray today a gal with thick 71inch hair wacked to a pixie because her friend hated her hair saying she cared for her friend and wanted to save her..

The individual people can do what they want, just creepy how the people involved rant and cheer on and applaude for the event ... just seems like (for lack of a better word) like hatred of someone having long beautiful hair..

ps know I shoudl find other things to do then my choice of tv during the day... it is what it is...lol...

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: why the intensity

Yes. Schadenfreude - pleasure at their pain & loss.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

You might be like me. The modelling world and I seem to have mutually exclusive interests. I can't watch that stuff. It helps that I haven't had cable for a while, though, lol.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    24"/26"/30"
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I don't think anybody wants to see anybody get hurt; that's not how humans are wired. Yeah, some people are just thrilled by watching hair get cut. People are funny. I once had a female friend with a .. thing for.. watching guys shave their heads. Idunno, to each her own.
    If I had a prayer, it would be this: "God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation. Amen." - Byron Katie

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwillfollow View Post
    Still consider myself a short hair person so don't feel I am obsessive over hair .. Nothing makes me cringe more then seeing a beautiful person with beautiful hair down to their thighs having it hacked off with a cheering mob.. It just feels so wrong at the crowds behavior, seems like hate at a stoneing... I truly think Tyra Banks has an issue with women with long beautiful hair for all her hack jobs she puts the top model contestants through,, and even on her regular show she took the sicissors and cut way above what the girl with shin length hair agree'd to.. she agree'd to between waist and bsl and Tyra cut it to shoulder with an unkind grin on her face.. Then on Murray today a gal with thick 71inch hair wacked to a pixie because her friend hated her hair saying she cared for her friend and wanted to save her..

The individual people can do what they want, just creepy how the people involved rant and cheer on and applaude for the event ... just seems like (for lack of a better word) like hatred of someone having long beautiful hair..

ps know I shoudl find other things to do then my choice of tv during the day... it is what it is...lol...
    Well, to put it bluntly, why go on national tv to cut your 71 inch hair? If her "friend" (!) hated her long hair so much, why couldn't she have gone to a salon and have it whacked there? Why subject yourself to the dislike of the audience because of your very long hair?

Many people don't seem able to appreciate hair of that length. They consider it "wierd"...and can't wait to see it's beauty destroyed, and even better if they can witness that destruction first hand.

After her chop, I hope she was renumerated for her appearance, though I doubt it. I wonder if she'll continue being friends with her friend?!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

It always upset me to see people crying and shaking while their long hair is being cut off on t.v. If they are reacting like that, then I don't think that they were ready to chop and I think they will regret it. I have twice cut from knee to shoulder and both times it was just one in a list of errands to get done that day, no drama.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

So true!

I don't know what is the matter with some folks; it seems they LOVE to cut off other women's hair!! I cannot tell you how many women either attempted or campaigned for me to cut off my hair. Suffice to say that I learned my lesson about certain types of people.

One "friend" even arranged for her sister-in-law to trim my hair - knowing VERY WELL that her sister-in-law could NOT cut hair. Not. Not.at.all.

The sis-in-law was a lovely person who wanted to learn how to cut hair, but so far had very little experience. So this "friend" convinced both of us to get together; the poor sister-in-law was convinced to hack away at my hair...while I had been persuaded that she had great natural talent and should have her cut my hair for me.

Predictable results. I ended up with short shaggy hair, much weeping on my husband's shoulder, and a few years of re-growing to do. The friend's sister-in-law ended up being demoralized that she had ruined someone's hair, even though I pretended to love it, to spare her feelings.

I actually heard my "friend" mutter under her breath, "So much better without all that HAIR!"

I should mention that she had gobs of thick hair herself, bleached blond, on top of a stick-thin body...

...and I was quite overweight, with long brunette hair. I mean...it's not I was prettier than she was, or anything like that. She just did not want me to have long hair.

The moral of the story, stay away from people who try to convince you to cut your hair!!

Length
    27/33/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

People are afraid of what is unfamiliar. Most people don't grow up around women (or men) with very long hair so a lot of them think it's weird. I have a friend who feels the same way about short hair on women; she thinks it's disgusting and unnatural and she's always urging me to grow my hair, "Habibti, why don't you grow it? Your husband would find you soooooo much prettier, I promise!!!"

I always tell her that I am growing it but she insists that I'm not. She also tells me to eat more milk fat to make my face rounder. Cause I TOTALLY don't already have a moon-pie face. Really. I promise.

<----- Litterally, I look like this!!!
    Curious to know about Islam? Let me know!
    :shoulder::brastrap::midback::waist::hip::bcl::tailbone::classic:: thigh!

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Crying makes for ratings.
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

Last edited by slz; March 7th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.