Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair stalkers & weirdo people?

Length
    SL/SL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Hair stalkers & weirdo people?

Just wondering, I came across some simple questions on the board posted by a new member, and some of them seemed to be fairly simple ones that could have been googled. Ie "what is X"

What do you all think about security etc? I suppose someone could easily set up a new account, so they had access to peoples albums etc and not actually be at all who they say they are.
    What do you do? Private albums? Or do you not bother....
    Just interested...

Avatar from 2014, before I chopped it off as it fell out due to illness. Hoping to get back length.
    God put me on this earth to accomplish a set number of things, right now I am so far behind I w
    ill never die.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair stalkers & weirdo people?

I don't worry about it. It's difficult to stalk someone who lives far away from you and you do not know in real life.
    I would ask that anyone considering stalking me please move here locally, so they can put the proper effort into it.

Banned
    Length
    25/40+/fin

hahaha, I needed a snicker!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBella View Post
    I don't worry about it. It's difficult to stalk someone who lives far away from you and you do not know in real life.
    I would ask that anyone considering stalking me please move here locally, so they can put the proper effort into it.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Well, stalkers these days have no decorum. We get these hang-up calls at work where they won't breathe into the phone or anything. If you're going to stalk, have some manners! Do it right!

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Well I tend to think that what the person reveals about themself through their comments and profile, as well as their interaction with other members, would uncover any rats. I still consider myself new here even still I find this community to be reassuringly vigilant. But by the same token I took care to be transparent and open about who I am when I first joined.

But unfortunately, I still haven't created an album yet so what do i know lol!

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

LOL UltraBella!

CornishMaid, normally the mods are really good about taking care of those types rather quick. The other thing you can do is put someone who you get a bad vibe about on ignore. (edit ignore list) That way they have limited access to your stuff. I think you have to set your blog and album to not allow those on your ignore list as well.

Plus you can always flag their post if it's really innappropriate- the boards are kind of big so sometimes the mods won't see something right away unless it's flagged.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Haha! Yes, cyberstalking is just so impersonal.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A lot of accounts get closed rather quickly. The moderators have a good grasp of inappropriate on-line behavior.

I keep photos of my face in a private album; the rest I don't worry about. I think I'm in more danger from the people who actually see me in real life than I am on the Internet, though.

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    A lot of accounts get closed rather quickly. The moderators have a good grasp of inappropriate on-line behavior.

I keep photos of my face in a private album; the rest I don't worry about. I think I'm in more danger from the people who actually see me in real life than I am on the Internet, though.
    This.
    I'm more afraid of the crack heads that live in the haunted house than the ghosts that live in the haunted house.

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Hello, CornishMaid. Do what I do and set your albums and your blog to "private" for friends only. If someone "friends" you, be sure to go to their profile page and read their bio and check out their albums, etc. If you get a bad vibe just ignore the friend request. You wouldn't befriend a person in real life who gave you a bad vibe, so it is perfectly OK to do the same here. It would also be a good idea not to post face photos if you feel at all uncomfortable. There are times when I do post face photos in certain threads, but I only leave them up for a couple of days. I feel that TLHC is a very safe place!