Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love the dirty hair/updo thing!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default I love the dirty hair/updo thing!

I think this is one thing I totally just love about my long hair now. I was sick last week and really just did not feel like washing my hair at all even though of course I bathed or showered. Today it has been 9 days since I actually washed my hair and I put it up in a Figure 8 and my Greydog stick and it looks great, can't even tell it's dirty really.

Oh the joys of long hair!!! Just singing it's praises!!! LA LA LA LA AL A LA LA LA!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I love the dirty hair/updo thing!

yup, I love it to. I was sick once as well and it was just great to keep it in a scrunchie so it didn't get into my face when I was really sick in bed :-)
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    24"/33"/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I think I have heard that tune also. It is so nice to just be able to put it up. Even if you wanted to go somewhere you don't have to tell someone wait I have to wash my hair before we go. You know what I mean? It seems the long it gets the longer I can go without a wah too. Do other find this to be true?
    On my way to hip length

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
    I think I have heard that tune also. It is so nice to just be able to put it up. Even if you wanted to go somewhere you don't have to tell someone wait I have to wash my hair before we go. You know what I mean? It seems the long it gets the longer I can go without a wah too. Do other find this to be true?
    YES!! I do!!!!! I was just thinking this today actually!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I wish I could say that I can do this. The two inches closest to my head always get very greasy within 2 to 3 days (in winter, maybe 4) of the last washing. If I am very very careful, use a bit of talc and brush it through thoroughly, and put it up in a cinnabun (avoiding any hair cleavage), I can get away with stretching my wash out another day. But that's often more of a hassle than just washing it!

I have heard that people with darker hair have a harder time covering up the greasies, so that may be part of my problem. I have second-day after wash hair today, and I noticed that my first inch or so underneath was already nearly unacceptably greasy this morning. Darn sweaty hot weather.

Slow day: Didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on LHC. Busy day: Managed to work in three hours of LHC. Bad day: Barely squeezed in three hours on LHC.

Length
    25in/25in/45in
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Me too! And here I just thought I was crazy! I dont know if its my imagination but I find when its been that long since cleansing it behaves better when I put it up. Like the natural oil it my hair acts like a styling product. Its awesome!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'm just trying to imagine my hair going 9 days between washings when it was a chin length bob.

Yes, long hair is a very good thing.

In the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
    Length
    <1"/waist/btsme
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Heidihug, I was the same way before the medicine I'm taking. Actually, going 2 days was disgusting. I was THAT oily. Now I can go for 3 days, possibly 4, but just thinking about how long I've gone without a hair wash makes my skin crawl. I so wish I could say I like throwing my hair into an updo when it's dirty, but I don't. It's psychological because I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as I make it out to be. Old habits and all.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I do not need to wash my length very often, usually once a week, sometimes once every week and a half. I do have to scalp wash the top and sides of my hair every two or three days. When I cave and wash more frequently it is usually because my hair smells sweaty from exercise. I think long hair has to be pampered a bit more but it does not need as much shampoo or product to stay looking nice.

Boy, I went off topic! I never mentioned the dirty hair/updo thing. Yes, I do like it! My hair still looks good to others even when I know it isn't at it's best. I could never get away with dirty hair when it was short.
    Last edited by walkinglady; July 1st, 2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: I got off topic again!

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Bah. I prefer just to wash every day. Combing out tangles in dry hair that hasn't been detangled in awhile is too much effort for me. Even when I had my scalp stitched (to remove a cancerous mole) I still washed daily. It's just easier for me to deal with wet or damp hair than dry.