Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: creaclip

Length
    ASL/27 in/HipL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default creaclip

I had a member ask me about the creaclip and what I thought of it .. I had mentioned here on these boards that I had bought one .. I will copy and paste my answer here for those of you who are curious ..

for those of you who have one, can you chip in on your opinions and also how your levels work ..

the creaclip .. no, it doesn't come with a dvd, there are tutorials on the site tho .. that said, yes, I have used it and I LOVE the concept of it .. there is one small problem with this and I wrote to them and told them about it, they were going to send me out replacements BUT .. okay small problem first, the levels are very slow moving, in fact the bubble just doesn't seem to move at all unless I jerk it from one side to the other and by then all the hair between the clip that is going to be cut is not in the clip .. hubby thinks that the oil is too thick for our southern hemisphere - so what we did was unscrew the thing that holds the level and got a new level to fit in .. they are easy to buy

So, all in a nut shell, yes, great idea and works well, well worth the $30 I paid for never having to go to the salon again .. weather the oil is too thick period or too thick for our southern hemisphere, we'll never know .. the leveler is easy to replace, here in the land of Oz anyway ..

Renegray also a member of the Micro-trim club

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: creaclip

Thanks for your review! I wonder if that is true about the oil not working in the Southern Hemisphere (??) Maybe it's true, but I can't think of a good explanation for it .

One thing I've always wondered is how easy is it to trim your own hair with the Creaclip? I mean... You've got to attach it at the back of your head, and then move it somehow to the front to trim? I get that it would be easy enough if there was someone else to trim it for you...but I wouldn't trust my kids to do it .

At the moment I use Feye's method, but I like the idea of using the Creaclip because I would assume it would overall give me a better line than I currently get!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Very interesting!Where did you find a new leveler?Am thinking of buying one and am asking just in case.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Very interesting!Where did you find a new leveler?Am thinking of buying one and am asking just in case.
    I would assume you'd be able to find them in hardware stores.
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    19 in/24/BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thanks for the post! I've been thinking about getting one too.

Length
    ASL/27 in/HipL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Mesmerise :-) I cheated DH cut my hair for me

definately from the hardware store Dulce

Memerise, they do have clips on the creaclip site of them cutting their own hair, bringing all the hair around to the front, over the shoulders and cutting - also there is one that flips her hair over and cuts that way .. they were happy to replace them when I bought it up but then we sort of thought about the southern hemisphere thing it was easier to just buy new levels and still be worth it .. for me :-)

http://www.creaclip.com/

Renegray also a member of the Micro-trim club

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Wonderful! I was wondering how the Creaclip measured up with LHCers. I first stumbled on a video of the Creaclip on Youtube when looking up on ways to do layers at home, quite a while before LHC, and I was thinking of getting myself one because it seemed so revolutionary and just thinking of the money I could save and being in control of my own hair was a real attention getter.

It's harder to tell if someone is wearing extensions if they have layers, since it's easier to hide them, so these days I am less inclined to have layers with the idea I'll be asked less if they are extensions and long hairdos will be easier to keep contained. So, if I was to buy one it would just be to keep my ends maintained bluntly. Perhaps I will still get one for the future, for when my hair gets a bit longer.

Thanks for the review!

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I bought mine on ebay. It's the same clip made for the japanese market. I haven't used it as yet because a)my daughter decided she wanted layers so now it's a whole other ballgame and b) I don't know how I could but my own hair and I'm not getting my husband to do it.

I think I only paid about $10 or so to get it over here so you definitely don't need to spend alot of money getting one to Australia.

I must try to work out a way to use it myself - hmmm...

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I have one and I like it. One of the photos on the Creaclip site shows how I do it. I pull all my hair over my head and forward so it is where my bangs would be. I attach the level on the inside so I can see it and once everything is level and where it should be, I trim away.
    Change is the only constant.

I love chickens.  vanity_acefake's Avatar
    Length
    13/33/Termi
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

I got mine on eBay. Paid £3.00!
    I use the small one most to cut my daughter and my fringes. Am going to trim her length with the big one soon.
    Fantastic invention.
    Growing old DISgracefully!