Thread: Tea Tree Shampoo (Petal Fresh Organics)

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

My scalp has been itching a few times lately, not too bad though. It hasn't been itching for a while but yesterday it came back again! Today I washed my hair and it still itches, even worse! I'm not sure what it is (might be an allergic reaction to a conditioner, which I used a few days ago and today again. Although my scalp just started to itch yesterday and not directly after using that conditioner. Hadn't use that conditioner in a long time..), it's not lice by the way. I remember when my scalp itched a lot before I was really really afraid of having lice (a friend had them), went crazy and nitcombed a few times.. I WAS OBSESSED WITH LICE. But I didn't have them! It was all in my head. Not sure if I used that same conditioner back then but I think I did.

Anyway, long story short, today I saw some Tea Tree shampoo (from Petal Fresh Organics, does anyone else has some experience with that brand?), which is supposed to be mild and 'repairing damaged hair'. Even though I have tons of products already, I'm thinking of buying it (and the conditioner?).

But now I was wondering, would it really work? The itch isn't that bad, no red spots or anything, and it's just very random. Could it be just an allergic reaction to a product? (I use a lot of different shampoos and conditioners, just because I need to get rid of my stash :P) Or should I just try the Tea Tree stuff to see if it would get better? Does it really work for irritated scalp?

Sorry for the long story! :P I know it's just shampoo but since I already have tons of products I don't want to buy ones I don't need

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tea Tree Shampoo (Petal Fresh Organics)

Not sure what contributed to your scalp itching, but I get the same thing from time to time. I think mine may be attributed to not rinsing enough, but I'm not sure.

One of my favorite S&C of all time is the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special line even though it has sulfates and is supposed to be more a clarifying line. I used it almost daily for months and my scalp loved it. No scalp acne or itching. I'm not saying to use that exact one since it has cones and sulfates, but I don't think it would hurt to try something with tea tree in it.

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tea Tree Shampoo (Petal Fresh Organics)

Super late but I was looking at this in the store today and was hoping someone posted about it. Have you tried it?

I found out today that my random scalp itching is apparently some odd form of dandruff (though I never get it on my clothes?) and they prescribed me some anti fungal gel. Since I heard tea tree is great for dandruff and this one appeared to be sulfate free, I think I might give it a go ^_^
    "I will never be Milo either; nevertheless, I don't neglect my body. (...) In short, we do not abandon any discipline for despair of ever being the best in it" - Epictetus