Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love This Site! <3

Length
    SDL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

Talking Love This Site! <3

So after finding this site im thinking about tossing out all my hair care products! So far I have started CWC and coconut oilings and my hair loves it! So I think im going to stick with it! My gran even said my hair looks shinier lol! But I have come to realize my hair loves cones lol, when I dont have them my hair feels crunchy and almost a sticky texture.
    I do have a question though! I have always had natural red highlights in my hair but lately its getting even more! I was just wondering if this could be a sign of my hair beginning to get ready to turn grey? Any ideas on that? Thanks for reading!

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Love This Site! <3

I'm glad to hear that you like it here!

More red highlights isn't necessarily hair becoming more gray, but it is definitely getting lighter.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    SDL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

lol ok wasnt sure what the heck was goin on! lol My hair just has never gotten like strawberry blonde in it before, usually it's random dark red strands lol

Length
    Bald/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm new here too, and I'm also from Michigan! I just wanted to say, hi. I lived in TC when I was in fifth grade, and after moving around a ton, I've found my way to a little town near Lansing.

I've been trying to learn about "cones" and such, and from what I have read, when you first stop using them, your hair will feel crunchy. I am about to impart on my own CO adventure, so I don't have any first hand experience. I'm also going to be letting go of my hair dye after this summer, so I'm expecting to see all of my greys pop through. Boooooo.

Length
    SDL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

Hey there Apple Betty! Yeah I had switched to the pure clean shampoo and conditioner quite a few months ago and it was still making my hair feel crunchy and almost sticky, so I tried sauve's almond and shea butter conditioner and that seems to be fixing the problem so far. Yeah I last dyed my hair months ago and for some reason my dye always fades alot but luckily it has faded to my natural hair color lol so that way I wont have to deal with rainbow hair lol.

Length
    Bald/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've been dyeing my red, and the fade is horrible. Right now I have multicolored hair, if it were "pretty" colors that wouldn't be a big deal, but... My mom got me an appointment with her stylist for my birthday, but she can't get me in until the end of August. I'm going to ask her about coloring it in a way that it will fade well.

Length
    SDL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

LOL yeah I had like three different colors in my hair so finally dyed it dark brown which turned out almost black at first LOL, then it faded to my natural brown with red highlights lol guess I was a bit lucky lol

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

The strawberry blonde might be
    1)lighter strands with very faded black dye
    or 2) developer in dye lightened those originally dark red strands
    Glad you love it! I tried going coneless, but my hair likes its dimethicone straight, on the rocks please!

Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I love this site, too!

I really need to try coconut oilings... ^_^;

Length
    SDL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

Lol FluffSpider! Yeah my hair actually looked super dead and felt horrible and couldnt figure out why until I tried the conditioner with cones again.
    Mingle: I tried coconut oiling for the first time the other day and it's great! My hair looks soooo much healthier and shinier!