Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redefining Length Goal *sigh*

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Redefining Length Goal *sigh*

So, when I found LHC I got all excited measuring my hair and working out how far it was to my goal length. Of course, when I measured my hair I stretched it out... which meant it wasn't so very far from goal. But let's be honest... as I don't WEAR my hair stretched out... my ACTUAL goal is somewhat further than what I imagined it to be.

Now, when I stretch my hair out I'm probably 1/2" from waist... YAY right? But honestly I'm at least 2" from waist if my hair isn't stretched... so errm even when I "technically" reach waist... I'm not really there at all .

So, when you guys measure your hair, do you measure it stretched or unstretched... and do you set your goal at stretched or unstreached? My ultimate goal is hips which are about 32" but the reality is that I'll need 34" to be a solid hip, and my interim goal of waist is 29", but the reality is I'll need at least 31" of hair to actually LOOK as if it's at my waist! (Goes back to the drawing board... lol...)
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    29mbl/WL/hip+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Redefining Length Goal *sigh*

I measure my hair stretched. I believe the difference between my hair stretched and unstretched is 4 inches, well it depends how curly it is. I have no idea how many inches I need for my goal when unstretched so I set my goal at stretched.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I go by unstretched length since I believe that’s my true length. It use to annoy me when people told me I don't need to grow my hair any longer because look how long it is already. That of course would happen after they had straightened it. Maybe if I straightened my hair every day, id probably go by that length. I don’t have a goal length.

Length
    -Chin/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

I have 2 goals at any one time. Right now i'm Low BSL stretched - so my next goal stretched is Waist. My next goal unstretched is Low BSL.
    Chin ~Shoulder~ APL ~ BSL~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

The 3cs and 4s in the BSL to Waist thread seem to mostly measure stretched, even tho they wear their hair curly. This makes sense to me, since a 4 (either a or b) might appear to have hair that just brushes her shoulders, but in reality her curls are eating so much length that it's well past BSL. So the reality is... her hair is BSL with pretty much all the problems that implies in terms of care. The only woe she's missing is chairs trying to eat her ends.

Since I adore seeing such beautiful curly hair, I am soooooo not arguing.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I measure as it is, dry and unstretched (admittedly from my longest bits....) But to be honest, if my hair was realy curly I would do a stretched measurement just so i didnt get disheartened! I think if I was stretching I would probly get frustrated ('it MEASURES apl, why doesnt it LOOK it?!') aaargh!

Length
    SL+/BSL/WL
    Type
    3b/F/M/i/ii

I'm an unstretched convert. I never wear my hair straight so there really isn't any use in measuring it stretched. Doesn't stop me from strutting around by the bathroom mirror when my hair is wet though :P
    Since my hair is curly I measure by landmarks only, I would go crazy trying to measure the exact length with my hair bouncing up and down like a deranged yo-yo.
    SL - APL - BSL - straight WL - curly WL.. Trying to work with the curls

Life is like waking up with a curlygirl, you never know what you're gonna get.

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't measure anymore, but when I did I did unstretched since my goal was how long it appeared naturally (waist, hip, etc).
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I stretch mine, because my body wave changes each day. Right after I wash my hair, my hair is much wavier and therefore shorter than usual. Day 3 is my favorite hair-- it's straighter, smoother, and therefore appears longer. So my goal is to be hip on Day 3 after washing...

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

I measure mine stretched/wet until it reaches longer lengths like BSL and beyond. Then I start measuring it unstretched. It's because I'm impatient and want long hair quicker so when I consider it long enough, I can then calm down.

I think it's best to measure stretched though, as it is the actual length of your hair and that is what you are measuring. Unless you measure by milestones, then it may be best to measure unstretched as that is all about where hair falls rather than length in numbers.
    Last edited by KittyLost; May 29th, 2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Clarification.