Thread: Headaches and hair toys

Length
    Pixie/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Headaches and hair toys

Greetings,
    Do any of you experience headaches with certain hair toys? Today I am wearing (and not for the first time) this double comb devices that has beads and elastic connecting the combs and I have a crushing headache. Do not know if it is this, the fact that my hair is drying with it on or my co-workers driving me to poke my eyes out with a letter opener.

Yours in Excedrin,
    Shannon

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Headaches and hair toys

If you don't usually get headaches, I'd guess it's because your hair is drying with the elasticized hairtoy in place. When your hair dries, it shrinks as it's losing water to evaporation. Which could mean that as it dries, the elastic pulls tighter on your scalp. Maybe take it down and redo it a little bit looser, especially if your hair is still drying.

Of course if it's your coworkers, can't help you there... except to say, "Stay AWAY from the letter opener!"
    SuperCool Sunglasses generously provided by snowbear!
    Lady Wavelengthe of Auburne Waves, Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/MidBk/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

Default Re: Headaches and hair toys

I am very headache prone and do get cluster headaches, and avoid any tight up-dos for that reason. Just about any hair toy will trigger pain on a tight bun. I have to wear light hair toys and very loose buns.
    "If it does not inevitably impact the quality and happiness of your life, you should not let it, more power to you" - Z. Z. Regina