Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the Tawny Support Group

Length
    21-30/36/42
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default the Tawny Support Group

I have just remembered that there is, in fact, a word to describe that color of hair that hovers between blond and light-brown, often with reddish highlights. We've called it honey, golden, whiskey, rum, blondish, sort of brown, and i-don't-know. But now we can put a specific word on it! That word is "Tawny." Tawny like a lion's mane or a tawny owl's feathers.

So, tell us about your tawny hair. Do you embrace it or rebel against it? Do you drive yourself batty looking for hair-ties that blend in and hair-forks that stand out? Do you draw a blank when someone asks you "What color is your hair?"

Join the Tawny Support Group and tell us your not-exactly-a-blond woes!

July 06 : 21-30 inches, layered . . . Dec 09: 36 inches, still fighting the taper.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Hahahaha, I guess this is me, too.

I'm just going to post in all the color threads (except black), yes!

For the record, when people ask me about my haircolor, both the asker and the wearer are probably equally confused, haha. My typical answer is... "I am naturally a human skittle bag! "

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Wahoo!

I'd previously settled on "dirty strawberry blonde" then had it labeled "caramel" by someone here, which I liked because it was shorter. But a real word is also good!!!

Length
    15/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane_gia View Post
    I have just remembered that there is, in fact, a word to describe that color of hair that hovers between blond and light-brown, often with reddish highlights. We've called it honey, golden, whiskey, rum, blondish, sort of brown, and i-don't-know. But now we can put a specific word on it! That word is "Tawny." Tawny like a lion's mane or a tawny owl's feathers.

So, tell us about your tawny hair. Do you embrace it or rebel against it? Do you drive yourself batty looking for hair-ties that blend in and hair-forks that stand out? Do you draw a blank when someone asks you "What color is your hair?"

Join the Tawny Support Group and tell us your not-exactly-a-blond woes!
    yes, yes and yes. Except because I can find complete hairs of all red, black, blonde and brown..I usually tell people I am calico. Heck, If I look hard enough there are probably some white/gray hairs. I certainly have them elsewhere. <<ahem>>

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I am now a Tawny!!

I have got rid of all my old dyed hair and now have quite a nice colour, tawny seems just right, it has a nice shine and is growing well now that all the old damage has gone
    I must measure it again!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Well, since my hair changes between light blonde and dark brown and strawberry blonde... I think I'm in this group. I've right now got all of those colours showing in my hair, I think.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yes! Thanks for this! Puma-colored, I'm here!

I think on the old LHC there was a thread about hair-colored hair - our in between, constantly changing, "what color is it" hair.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Katze, yes I was thinking about the old "hair colored hair" thread! I think many blondes fall into this category, and I back this up by noting how many of you all I saw on the blonde thread!

My hair changes daily and hourly. I definitely wouldn't call it brown, but it can be pretty dark, or quite red, or really blonde. It depends on products, lighting, and style. Sometimes I think it depends on day of the week or moon phase!

Happy Tawny everyone!

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default I'm really loving "Tawny"

From the back I've always been "blondish"
    From the front, sort of brown.
    (Hair gets much lighter as it grows)

If I oil it's weirdly redder.

Do I get to join?
    [/URL]