Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do a lot of guys love ponytails?

Length
    22/26/33
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Do a lot of guys love ponytails?

I'm not sure why this is. I've been with the same guy for well over a year. He LOVES when I wear ponytails. As a matter of fact he prefers it to when my hair is down, curled, styled, whatever. I tried putting it half back to see if he liked that more--nope, ponytail. He likes when I wear ponytails, even to formal events where it's not that appropriate so I've learned to get creative with fancier pony tails. I have no idea why he likes it, but i have fine hair, so I can't complain. Anyone else experienced this? He says it's very European and modely as a style.

Length
    never/quite/enuff

Default Re: Do a lot of guys love ponytails?

Well, as a guy myself, I hope I'm ideally qualified to answer!

I find ponytails attractive for a number of reasons - they show all of the face like a formal style, but they also show (almost) all of the length, and also the texture of the hair. Unlike loose hair, which can become untidy in the wind, a ponytail almost always looks neat and tidy.

It is also quite provocative in the way it swings as you move, saying - look, my hair hasn't just got long by accident, I'm making the choice to growing it out. It's also a carefree young style which says -" look, I can do anything"!

As a guy, who has worn a ponytail for at least part of every day for over 16 years, I'd also be interested in knowing whether those of you who like ponytails on guys like them for the same reasons as guys like ponytails on women or if there's a difference.

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I once dated a guy who liked my hair in a pony tail because he liked looking at my neck and shoulders. I have little whispy face framing hairs that never really seem to grow out much that help to soften the edges of my face with a pony tail. My fiancée happens to hate it when I wear my hair up, so it really depends on the person you ask.

Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

I remember listening to a 'Stuff Mom never told you' podcast where they were talking about the ponytail. It's was intimated that its a rather flirtatious style as it not only shows off the neck/shoulders but also it moves is a very eye catching way, bobbing about with the wearers movements. I wish I could find some links to the podcast as it was really interesting.

My husband likes my hair in a ponytail more than a braid, but less than when I have it down.

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Well, I think DBF likes my hair in a ponytail, but I've noticed that high or medium ones (which are what I prefer) don't work that well on my anymore now that my hair's gotten longer. The weight seems to pull them down and loose. Just something to consider, if you're planning to grow you hair out to 30 inches.

As a girl, though, I do like the way ponytails look on other girls.

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I like ponytails. My ex was mad for them, he just loved them.

I like ponytails on guys but that's because I like long hair on guys!
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

I have read that they like them.

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

when I was in junior high I was green with envy over a classmate's swingy ponytail. Her hair was probably waist length and she always wore it in this thick, high pony... sigh.

She wasn't conventionally pretty but the pony helped make her very striking.

Length
    18.5/BSL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

[quote=brickworld13;1493776]I once dated a guy who liked my hair in a pony tail because he liked looking at my neck and shoulders. quote]

My boyfriend would definitely agree with this...he says he likes my neck...so thats why he likes the ponytail.

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Guys I have dated are always the opposite. They like hair loose and hate ponytails.
    Every day is Thursday.