Thread: Demi Coloring gone wrong

Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Demi Coloring gone wrong

I used a demi permanant color yesterday on my hair & left it on too long... I left it for 35 mins or so and I read online after that I should have onoy left it in for 5-10mins (even though package says 15mins) and the color deposited wayyy too much.
    I used dish soap yesterday...uck!! And baking powder and then Prell and nothing is working. The color is way too dark. I bought a level 6 and got a level 2 so I am very disapointed in myself. I don't know why I waited 35 mins, maybe because I was always used to permanant dye? Anyway, damage is done.

Should I try color oops? I want to do anything before I go back to the office Monday...
    Women.... Who made 'em? God must have been a... genius. Their hair. They say that the hair is everything, you know? Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls, and just wanted to go to sleep forever? ~Bo Goldman

Default Re: Demi Coloring gone wrong

I've had success with color oops, but it was with red hair dye not browns, I think that makes a different, red hair dye is silly :S

I don't think color oops is particularly good for your hair, but if you don't use it often, it shouldn't do too much damage..

I feel for you it sucks when you have the wrong color in your hair.

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Abritta, which colour did you use and what brand? Not all hope is lost. Patience can take you far.

For example, I once left a Swarzkopf colour in way too long (literally lost track of time) and it came out a real muddy brown while it should have been medium blonde. After two weeks of consistently washing with a clarifying shampoo the colour had settled to a nice dark blonde.

Another example is when I left a Garnier colour in way too long and it turned dark brown instead of dark blonde. That was 4 weeks ago. Now it's almost to the colour I want it to be.

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

It will fade over time. I used demi permanent red and left it on for far too long. It faded out to a nice shade within two weeks while shampooing every second day with Head and Shoulders.

Red dyes are strange though!
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I too would like to know what brand and shade before making any suggestions

Length
    16"/26"/tail
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Color oops does not work as well on semi or demi-permanent dyes. Also, when I used it, it lightened my hair unevenly. If you have multiple dyes from different applications going on like I did, it may be a concern. Honestly, I think patience is the key. It will lighten. It will. And you won't destroy your hair in the meantime. <3

Mysterious Lady of Mist and Fog in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I am in the general camp of "be patient" as well if what who have tried so far hasn't worked. If you just applied it, I would still suggest letting a strong shampoo sit on your head for at least 10 minutes and then a long deep oil treatment overnight. But, time will fade the color and cause the least amount of damage.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Don't risk damaging your hair by using another product to take out this color. Who knows WHAT color it would turn out, then you'd have to re-color. Potential disaster.
    Just wait it out, it will fade- usually within a few weeks. Just my opinion.
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL