Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How thick is your hair?

Default How thick is your hair?

If you put your hair up in a ponytail, how many times can you wrap the rubber band around it? For me, if it's new/almost new rubber bands (I usually use two for support), I can wrap it around three times and it would generally be rather tight. I have waist length hair that's rather healthy, but when browsing youtube videos about long hair, I always somehow feel that their hair is almost twice as thick as mine. So I wanted to know if it's my illusion or true.

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: How thick is your hair?

Mine is so so fine. I long for a thick pony tail. I think maybe when the baby hairs catch up and the layers grow out it will look thicker? Do you think that those with thick hair tend to be more likely to grow it successfully, or that growing it and caring for it allows it to be thicker? I never see anyone with hair as thin as mine with it past BSL

Length
    22"/36"/37"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

With new bands I can wrap between 2 and 3 times. Just as a tip, here we usually measure thickness by ponytail circumference. My ponytail circumference is about 4", which is at the upper end of normal/lower end of thick.
    LHC: The few.. the proud.... the vaguely creepy

Length
    bsl/waist/elbow
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My hair is right smack in the middle of having medium thickness. I always thought my hair was thin, though. And I have this classmate with really really THICK straight hair, its gorgeous! Makes me have thickness envy
    Onward, GROW! long hair = 女人的味道
    March 2010: BSL March 2011: waist

My hair is pretty thick I wrap a band twice for support. x

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I only use scrunchies but my hair is just over 4" circumference
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Quote Originally Posted by thisischristine View Post
    Mine is so so fine. I long for a thick pony tail. I think maybe when the baby hairs catch up and the layers grow out it will look thicker? Do you think that those with thick hair tend to be more likely to grow it successfully, or that growing it and caring for it allows it to be thicker? I never see anyone with hair as thin as mine with it past BSL
    I hope my baby hairs can grow out too, but I wonder if it ever will

Quote Originally Posted by bluesnowflake View Post
    With new bands I can wrap between 2 and 3 times. Just as a tip, here we usually measure thickness by ponytail circumference. My ponytail circumference is about 4", which is at the upper end of normal/lower end of thick.
    Thank you for the tip That's much more accurate than my method lol

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Too short to measure the actual ponytail, but so thick it doesn't actually move when I move my head.

Hard to say since hair elastics come in so many sizes, but my hair is quite thin. 2 1/4 " circumference. I'm hoping that will increase at least slightly with some vitamin supplements and such