Thread: Givin' up

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Givin' up

Well, folks.

I've been on here forever and ever. And ever. Did I mention "forever"?

And I just can never get past about 23" before I'm hating the tiny skinny strands and cutting them, thinking I'll just "start fresh."

I did a big chop last night. I don't know how long my hair is now (in inches) but it lies in the front about 3" below my collarbone.

I think I've figured something out. I think I want long-ish (by society's standards) hair...but *actually* long hair (say, BSL or longer) is just not for me.

I've always thought I've wanted it. Yet when I've gotten it, I've HATED it. It didn't transform me into this beautiful being. I wasn't uber-fulfilled. It would just look thinner and thinner on the way down. It never felt fulfilling to finger-comb or otherwise take care of my longer hair. It just felt like fragile spiderwebs ready to come apart at any moment.

So...I'm giving up. It's not a tragedy...but I thought I'd let peeps here know. I'm going to keep my long bangs and grow the bottom about 2" from here and just keep it at that length (somewhere around APL).

I like the *look* of long hair. I like the *idea* of long hair. But on me...the look is terrible and pathetic and when I put it up in buns, it disappears into tinyness no matter how "fleshed out" I try to make the bun (the exception being a few I've made VERY loosely that fell out three minutes after I took the picture).

I'm just not really a long-hair. Please don't any of my friends on here be disappointed in me. I very much admire long hair. But it will never be for me because of the quality of my hair and because of just...me.

Hugs,

GlennaGirl

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Givin' up

Want to know what I think ? I think it probably looks healthy and beautiful. The length you are speaking of is one of my very favorite lengths on me. It's versatile, fun and still long by normal standards. I congratulate you ! Enjoy the new length and the fresh perfect ends

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

How could anyone be disappointed in you? You have a right to figure out what works for youand what doesn't. APL is till long. I have figured it out today when I saw how much I still have to grow to get there lol. And you can still take care of it well and have fun with it. You stil belong.

And I still think your hair is beautiful.

P.S. I will put my picture up if you do yours lol
    Last edited by juliaxena; October 27th, 2010 at 12:04 AM.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

You shouldn't be feeling guilty about it! That length is a versatile length to be in. You can still dress it up with braids, French twists, sock buns, and Gibson tucks etc and yet it can still be worn down often without you having to worry about it getting caught. And you've kept yours in such good condition that you should really be proud of how healthy and shiny it looks! I'm envious

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

You've got the right to be yourself no matter what anyone else thinks. No apologies necessary.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

You shouldn't be feeling guilty about it. At least you tried so you know what you prefer. I'm glad you are happy with your new length

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

If you are happy with your hair, we are happy for you. But, even if you don't feel that you are a true longhair, that won't stop you from still coming here, will it ?

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

We're not disappointed in you at all! I know I'm certainly not.

What I love about LHC is that it is so much more than just a community of long haired people. Its a place where all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds and cultures and walks of life can get together to share different ideas and perspectives. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts GlennaGirl, actually most of the ones from you that I like are totally non-hair related. You have given me a lot of support when I was going thro my own personal issues last year and you were very kind and helpful sharing your insight.

P.S., I think your hair was wonderful the way it was. I have seen many other members with fine, thin hair that looks great long. I know, I've very guilty of this too but I think people would be much happier if they stopped wanting what they don't have. Just because your hair may not be as thick and full as someone else's doesn't mean that you don't look attractive with long hair.

Enjoy your new cut! The great thing about hair is that it grows back.

Length
    SL+/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Yikeydoodles!

I know this is the LHC, but that's only 'cause it's shorter than "the forum for people to be able to grow whatever length healthy hair they want regardless of pointless social rules and pressure to go support the professional haircare industry financially."

I looked at your album and your hair looks shiny and healthy and your updos are smooth. If they work better for you at shoulderblade length, so what? I don't see why this means you can't hang out and swap haircare tips and post fork pictures.

Type
    2a/C/iii

As you say, three inches below collarbone is what most people would consider long.
    You sound kind of sad and guilty in your post. You have done nothing wrong! You are a very attractive woman and you have the right to have your hair any length you choose.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown