Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your Aubrey Organics experiences!

Default Share your Aubrey Organics experiences!

Hi,
    I thought to start a thread about Aubrey Organics haircare products. I remember reading a lot about their stuff on this board a long time ago--I guess it was a pretty popular brand here at LHC-- but for some reason couldn't find much with the search now.

Who uses their stuff and how do you liek it? I have kind of "re-found" them again. I got a bottle of JAY Desert Herb conditioner and Honeysuckle Rose shampoo like 1,5 to 2 years ago, tried and didn't like it. They left my hair tangly and there was not slip. I wanted to like them...as I loved the ingredients (mostly natural) and the smells were yummy in my opinion. Now, a few weeks ago, I read good reviews of the Honeysuckle rose conditioner (I only had the shampoo) and thought to give it a try. I also got their Rosa Mosqueta Nourishing conditioner, Calagula Fern Treatment shampoo and quite a few other shampoos and conditioners (sample sizes).

I discovered the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner is just awesome. It gives me tons of slip and I can feel it working when it's still in my head in the shower. It's very creamy and removes tangles so well (my hair is long, fine, thin and prone to tangles...kind of poofy and dry mess). I have nothing bad to say about the other stuff either. I did return one product though, the Sea Buckthorn leave-in conditioner--it was just too heavy and greasy stuff for my hair. I've used the White Camellia and Jasmine shine and conditioner spray and that seems to be a lot better. I also tried the B-5 Design Gel--very cautiously as I'm suspicious of any gels--and I didn't get any greasies etc. I put a very small amount on damp hair.

I would wanna try the Blue green Algae hair Rescue Conditioning Mask and the Calangula Fern Texturizing leave-in treatment. Anyone tried these?

Anyways, tell me about your opinions on Aubrey's hair stuff and give recommendations! Both good and bad experiences welcome

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Well, I've not used much of their product line, but I adore the GPB Conditioner and have been using it for (I wanna say...) close to 20 years. Not daily, but every so often when my hair needs what it has. It overwhelms my hair pretty quickly if I use it too often, though. The scent is....I don't know....the way it smells just makes me happy!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I have only tried the GPB conditioner, and I remember liking it a lot. It was really rich, but didn't flatten my hair down. The scent of it though was very unique. I don't hate it, but I can't say I loved it either. I do want to try other things from the line though.
    ~Jennifer~
    I went down by the river side, that runs between the hazel'd halls,
    And on an apple-blossomed hill, I slept beside the golden falls.
    As I wandered far in sleep, the fisher king flashed blue on grey.
    I heard a voice come from the deep, and call my name from far away.
    "The Fisher King" (Anuna)

A place that is hardly in keeping with a model village's rustic aesthetic
    Type
    1a/C/i/ii

I tried most of their shampoos and conditioners, and found them mostly "eh". Although, I was really getting into their Aloe line before they discontinued it.

Length
    shldr/bsl/bsl
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I got the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, based on rave reviews on LHC, and while I really enjoy the fragrance, I like Biolage Conditioning Balm better for my hair. The Biolage provides even more slip than Honeysuckle Rose.

ETA: I found a better use for my Honeysuckle Rose--in my mister bottle. It works great that way!
    Last edited by Stacy_E; September 23rd, 2008 at 10:03 AM.
    Cut back from waist to BSL--I like here and I think I'll stay awhile 2c/f/ii

hairstuff gallery Stacy's nature photography

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I like the honeysuckle rose conditioner, but I can't use it every day. Or else I get the dreaded overconditioning. Which is fixed immediately with vinegar rinse, so I would rather have that than underconditioning.

I hate the smell, though.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and it is my absolute favorite non-cone conditioner. It's very thick, almost too thick to squeeze out of the bottle; infact, once i left the spout open and it clogged...I had to use a toothpick to clear it out. I am in with the fragrance, but it lingers in the hair so it's not for those who are sensitive to smells.

I have also tried Aubrey Organics GPB but it stank and just wasn't for me --I think maybe too much protein.

The White Chamomile and Jasmine Shine Conditioner is more of a leave-in or detangling spray/mist. It works ok, but I wouldn't buy it again since I think mixing some conditioner and water in a spray bottle works just as well (and is cheaper).

I won't go near the shampoos because they are soap-based. Since my hair hates vinegar rinses (turns into a brillo pad) and I have hard water, I'd rather not mess with soap based shampoos.
    Last edited by Cinnamon Hair; May 30th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Length
    17"/20"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I've loved the way the Aubrey products make my hair look, but I can't stand the heavy scents. I have a really sensitive sense of smell, and even the detangling spray is too much scent for me.
    I used the GPB (is that the right acronym?) conditioner and shampoo, as well as the Honeysuckle.

Length
    16?/19.5/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I tried the ROsa Mosqueta and it was horrid. I had taken it as my only shampoo/conditioner to the beach for a week, and after about 4 days, switched to using my kids' shampoo with coconut oil afterwards. Threw the RM out.

It smelled funny too.

That's the only one I've tried---

Bea

Length
    22/27/40
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I have their lemon clarifying shampoo, and it works great! the main office for them (where they make it, and the customer service, sales and all that jazz) is right next door to where I work. I called them awhile ago and asked if I could walk next door and buy some stuff rather than going to Wild Oats, but they said they don't sell to the public All well, I like the stuff