Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When did your hair start to feel long to you?

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default When did your hair start to feel long to you?

I was just reading about classic, tb and waist and peoples opinions on them in general. And I got to to thinking back to when my hair was at Classic in Aug 07 before my big cut.
    That summer I was aware of my hair in that it had got LONG. And I really felt I had long hair when it started to brush my hands I walked with it down. Two photos illustrating slighly- these were not purposetaken photos, just photos I had over from a summer holiday at a youth camp at the beginning of August, it was longer at the end.

When did you feel that you had long hair according to your own standard and not the common hair standard to according to people in general? In general terms I suppose my hair was (is) super long but I didnt feel that.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Somewhere between BSL and waist my hair began to feel long. Mostly because somewhere in there it got longer than I'd ever grown it before. And, for a few aggrivating weeks I had no clue what to do with it. But, I found the LHC so that was swiftly fixed!

Recently I've started viewing pictures of me now with the thought "dang, I do have long hair!"

My hair is at waist length now but I still feel like it is short. When I was younger before I got my first hair cut (in 2004 when I was 20) I had hair down to almost my knees. SO I think that may have something to do with why I feel like my hair is still short.

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

I think my hair is really just starting to feel long once in a while. I have curly hair that is about hip length when stretched but it shrinks up when it dries and sometimes looks as short as bsl at that point. So, I have varying opinions about my hair length. On days when shrinkage is major, I feel like it's short. Other days, I begin to feel how long it is getting. I like that feeling.
    ~The shadows are as important as the light.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

At the lower realm of BSL it felt long to me because it was the longest it had ever been. Now that it's passing hip, near tailbone, it feels very long.

I consider anything short that does not cover my chest. I'm not there yet, so I consider my hair short.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

The first time I noticed that my hair felt long, it was probably around hip. Classic felt good. Knee felt L.O.N.G.

Right now, back at BSL it's short. Real short.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    Bob/67"/67"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

It started to feel longish when I had to start worrying about flicking it away when I sat down. I remember one time in middle school when a guy pulled on my braid to try to get me to turn around, but I moved my butt and flicked my hair away instead. It took him about 3 times to get my attention. That was about when my hair started to feel long.
    iii 2b F 62"

My hair began to feel really long at tailbone (36 inches). Because I did not pay much attention to the length, it sorta sneaked up on me. At that time, I had to start wearing my hair up more often.

Length
    pixie/3"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

My hair feels long to me when it's past my shoulders! ha.