Thread: Finger waves, suggestions for longer hair?

Default Finger waves, suggestions for longer hair?

Since I cut my hair I've been having an urge to do finger waves. So I did. They turned out okay, but I simply CANNOT fingerwave the back of my head, and no one else in my house knows how to do them. So I was thinking about trying a fingerwave updo combo, and so naturally I came to you guys. I'm looking for styles from the 1920s and 1930s for BSL hair. I wanted to a sausage bun at the nape of my neck, but the back of my head isn't curled so that really wouldn't work. Any ideas? Maybe a french twist? That might look too busy.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Finger waves, suggestions for longer hair?

Ok, I'm a bit of a dunce here - what are fingerwaves? Are you just twirling your hair around your fingers and making ringlets?

Type
    1b/F/ii

There's a youtube tutorial on finger waves with a Gibson tuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=m5wPoN8uWCA&videos=gFRE4j5etQo Depending on how long your hair is, the Gibson tuck might not work for you but I think I saw a mock version in the articles on hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by kikuko View Post
    There's a youtube tutorial on finger waves with a Gibson tuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=m5wPoN8uWCA&videos=gFRE4j5etQo Depending on how long your hair is, the Gibson tuck might not work for you but I think I saw a mock version in the articles on hairstyle.
    I tried this and so far I really like it. I think it might look strange with the back of my head being pretty much straight though. Maybe I could make the Gibson tuck up higher and that would help to hide it. But overall that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by julliams View Post
    Ok, I'm a bit of a dunce here - what are fingerwaves? Are you just twirling your hair around your fingers and making ringlets?
    Google Image doesn't seem to be in a good mood today so it's not letting me use images, but think Roxie Hart from Chicago.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Google image search Myrna Loy. She had very long hair she wore in a very flat, almost invisible bun with fingerwaves.
    Picture on left in front of "my" flower.
    Photo Album
    No more Mr. Nice Gaius.