Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's all boycott heat!

Length
    neck/BSL/waste

Default Let's all boycott heat!

I searched the boards for a topic like this but found none. SOOO, I thought I would start a boycotting heat board. Basically it is about not using heat on your hair of any kind for a set time... (for me I'm trying to do it perminatly ) Everyone out there that wants to join, go ahead! Post how long you are doing this for and the progress you are making by doing so... for me, I have been doing it for four and a half months... ever since I got a hairtrim, and my hair is in wayy better condition than it was when I was using heat. How about you guys?
    "When alone on the hills... With the wind in your hair ...With a longing to feel... Just to be free"

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Let's all boycott heat!

I was never a heavy heat user -- I have had my hair hot-curled probably half a dozen times in my life, most of those as a young child, and I have flatironed my hair maybe twice in my life. But I do like my blowdryer. For the past two or three years I've used my blowdryer on occasion, maybe once a week or so. Since joining LHC I've used it only on cool/warm, but, still.
    I'm currently on a six-month no-blowdrying challenge (and no other heat at all, but that was my default anyway), which started on March 10th. So I'm a bit over four months in. It seems to be going okay Sometimes it's cold, and sometimes I'd like my hair to have a bit more body, but since the weather has been fairly nice, it's been pretty easy.
    I also discovered using t-shirts and microfibre towels instead of normal towels as towel turbans, from LHC. That has been a godsend
    So yes, two months to go I'm planning on unpacking my blowdryer after that and using it again (in moderation), but I'll probably re-start the challenge next year

And good luck to you
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iron0Maiden View Post
    I searched the boards for a topic like this but found none. SOOO, I thought I would start a boycotting heat board. Basically it is about not using heat on your hair of any kind for a set time... (for me I'm trying to do it perminatly ) Everyone out there that wants to join, go ahead! Post how long you are doing this for and the progress you are making by doing so... for me, I have been doing it for four and a half months... ever since I got a hairtrim, and my hair is in wayy better condition than it was when I was using heat. How about you guys?
    Not really a great sacrifice for me. I think I have used my blow-dryer only two or three times this year. As for my curling iron ... ummmm ... ten years?

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/Chin
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Count me in! Unfortunately in April I got my hair cut to a chin length angled bob that just did not look good if it wasn't flat ironed . As soon as I was able to get my hair into a mini-ponytail around June I weened myself off the heat and have been doing pretty good since. I've been oiling my ends in attempt to repair the damage and avoid the scissors. My goal is to make it to October with no heat and no trims.

Length
    25/23/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

You can count me in. No blowdrying or any other heat until Halloween, then I'm breaking out the hot rollers and making a MANE. Then not again til Christmas.
    Cut out the blowdryer and curling iron (don't do it often anyway) a few weeks ago, managing so far!
    ​Starting aaaalll over again...

Length
    o/27/42

ive been doing this for 3 years now

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I haven't blow dried my hair for about a year now, and the last time I straightened it was ... æons ago.

Truth be told, I used to use an iron (that's right, the one you use on your clothing!) to straighten my hair, because it didn't take as long as the regular flatiron.

So no heat for me!
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    28/BSL/APL:P
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Lol! I thought you were talking about the weather!!

I've been heat-free since about February (used a curling iron for a job interview, and realized for the billionth time that my hair won't hold a heated, moussed, hairsprayed, curl for more than an hour--it was limp and "disgruntled" by the time I got there )

So yes! Down with heat!

I havent blow dried my hair at all in near 15 years and dont even own one.

If I really wanted it dry that quick... most of the time I could just step outside for a few minutes where I live....

Everyday a Renegray(dont let the photo fool ya)

Length
    ~23/33/33
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I wish I could boycott the heat outside!

I'm largely boycotting the hair dryer for the summer...when it gets cold, though, I will probably have to do it a little to get the roots mostly dry. Whenever I do use it, it's on low heat and low blow to the roots and only one or two times a week, which I think is reasonable for my hair.