Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dove "Hollywood Hair"

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Dove "Hollywood Hair"

Dove "Hollywood Hair"

My apologies if this has already been posted. Please feel free to delete, Mods.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

awesome, all of the videos! Thanks for sharing, it really made an impression. Now, I do wonder what kind of benefit Dove is getting out of this...

I dont know about that hollywood hair anymore, but i would surely want your hair MemSahib when i get older! It's just fabulous . *sorry for offtopic*

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Isilme View Post
    awesome, all of the videos! Thanks for sharing, it really made an impression. Now, I do wonder what kind of benefit Dove is getting out of this...
    Oh, Dove is selling THEIR products. They will benefit, don't you worry...

Thank you, Awalia. I wasn't fishing for compliments but I appreciate it.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Dove has had the campaign for real beauty going on for sometime now. It's an image thing and they get free publicity from it. But I do think that dispite the obvious value to the Dove brand it's a nice thought. I really liked it when I saw normal looking people adverticing skin creams for the first time.
    Youtube has had those photoshop manipulation videos going on for sometime. I think they're entertaining.
    Lady Illmater Mother of Väinämöinen in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Wow simply amazing, and I have to applaud them big time about how ads affect young women. I know when i was a teen how i used to wish I looked like them perfect models (heck I still do)
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

lora410 : Me too. *sigh* I think everyone wants to be beautiful.

I really liked that 'Hair' video, fits to the LHC spirit in liking our own hair. At least in the end..
    Lady Illmater Mother of Väinämöinen in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I did really, despite my cynical self, like the videos. They are good and positive, yet the whole self esteem real beauty thing is just another niche in the market.

The hollywood hair thing tickled my fancy and struck me as very LHC appropriate. I think I was the only woman I saw this morning without trendy, styled hair. It made me feel sorta weird.

When they say self esteem fund, the word fund implies money is going someplace, dare I say, charitable. What precisely do they mean by "fund"?

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks for that.
    Liked the hair one and the evolution one, haven't watched the others yet, but those were great.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Amazing - thanks, I really think we all need to see things like this. Even though we *know* what they do to make models look as per the magazine features, it takes a visual representation to appreciate just how much difference all these things add up to!

Stephanie Seymour once said, apparently, of the model pics in magazines "You want to look like that? Honey, even we don't look like that!"