Thread: English braid

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default English braid

I've been having this problem with my braids for a while and was wondering if anyone knew why... If I do the first few crossovers tight/snug, one of the three strands ends up longer than the other two, so I have to leave a long tassel. If the first few crossovers are done loosely, then the ends of each strand line up and the end of the braid looks a lot nicer. Does anyone know what I can do to get a proper tight braid? My hemline is pretty close to blunt, by the way.

Thanks!

Default Re: English braid

If you have long hair, it could be when you take the braid over the shoulder to braid in front. I used to have this problem, I would get a sort of dent on the braid and one end would be uneven.

It just takes practice to over come, and making sure you have a good firm grip when taking the braid over the shoulder.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Here's a test... Braid over the other shoulder and see if it goes the opposite way. That's how you know. By the way, your braids are absolutely gorgeous, crooked or not.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Does that little effect happen when you use the exact same sections as the snug beginning braid, not spending the time to resection? That would be a good place to start sleuthing from. If it happens when you resection you might just be getting lucky!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Mine do that when I make a Dianlya braid. The top section is always longer than the two side sections. Since I prefer a nice tight braid, I just live with it--and try to make sure I stop with the longer section in the middle instead of on either of the sides.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all.
    erika
    Why is a raven like a writing desk?