Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Princess Leia Battle of Endor Tutorial

Length
    apl/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Default Re: Princess Leia Battle of Endor Tutorial

I'm very impressed with how well this has held up. And it's so easy. I'm going to wear this a lot I think.

Length
    BSL/BCL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Oooh pretty!
    Thank you for doing this, I can't wait to try it out!

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks for this. I will agree with everyone who has said incorporating one braid end into the next braid is a great idea. I want to try it, but I need to find some hair pins that my hair won't just spit out.

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Haha! I'm so threadjacking this to that other tutorial, about the Ewok Village one. I can't get my ends into a decent braid to do the back bun like the vid tutorial on the Battle of Endor 'do. So...

I did a braid starting from behind my left ear, tied off with an elastic. Brought it over my head, and elastic-tied it to one strand of a new braid starting on my right ear (to incorporate it.) Braided down, finished it with an elastic. Started a third braid just behind the original on the left side, and wove one of the strands from that new one into the first one so they look like they're all one. Couple of pins on top and TADA!!

I think the braid blends well. No I didn't tie it up with any cording, I was just playing around. I will dead serious wear this to work though.

Bit messy. One day when my hair grows up I will try that tutorial on the Battle of Endor. I can't tell you how excited I am to be one step closer to Princess Leia hair though...

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Oskimosa View Post
    Haha! I'm so threadjacking this to that other tutorial, about the Ewok Village one. I can't get my ends into a decent braid to do the back bun like the vid tutorial on the Battle of Endor 'do. So...

I did a braid starting from behind my left ear, tied off with an elastic. Brought it over my head, and elastic-tied it to one strand of a new braid starting on my right ear (to incorporate it.) Braided down, finished it with an elastic. Started a third braid just behind the original on the left side, and wove one of the strands from that new one into the first one so they look like they're all one. Couple of pins on top and TADA!!

I think the braid blends well. No I didn't tie it up with any cording, I was just playing around. I will dead serious wear this to work though.

Bit messy. One day when my hair grows up I will try that tutorial on the Battle of Endor. I can't tell you how excited I am to be one step closer to Princess Leia hair though...
    Looks pretty! I have a few ideas about Leia in the Ewok village and how to do the braids. I've already done two Leia tutorials, though, so I doubt I'm going to do another one (unless it's frequently requested or something.)

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Thank you! Haha, you can't do too much Princess Leia!! But I am very biased; I'm a big fan of the original trilogy and the novels. Could care less about the prequels, unfortunately

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I tried it out this morning and I might not have quite enough hair. I can wrap the side braids over my head, but it's the braid for the bun that didn't work out for me. I didn't have enough volume to get the bun to look right.

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I think just the braids wrapped over the head are pretty, too!

Tapioca

I gave it a try, with a little modification. When I did one braid into another, my ends stuck out kinda funny. So, I left the two little braids separate and sewed them down, Italian Taping-style.

Then I did a braided bun with the rest.

I like it. I'll be going to the Ren Faire like this.

Length
    birth/46"/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

That's a lovely tutorial! I'm gonna try it.