Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Are Braids Outdated?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Are Braids Outdated?

Quote Originally Posted by Yozhik View Post
    That was awesome, and very instructive! Thank you

I wasn't understanding what to section off after the first crown section, but the photos completely explain it.

Is that your daughter? She has beautiful hair!
    I'm glad it helped. I'm a visual learner too; and monkey see; monkey do too

Yes, that's DD from a few years ago. Her hair is just about TBL now. I have an album of her updos in my profile. She is very patient when I'm doing her hair

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Angelthadiva I LOVE that style! Not sure if it will work with my current length yet, but I'll kepp it in mind for the future! It looks easy but elegant!

Length
    pixi/15/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eternallyverdan View Post
    I'd say it depends on the braid. I'm not a fashion guru, but in my opinion certain kinds of braids are pretty fashionable right now, mainly loose, messy braids with a lot of volume and smaller accent braids on loose hair. When I want to look fashionable, I have two main types of braids; either I do a small horizontal french braid across my hairline like a headband, or I do a deep side part, fluff up the top of my hair, and do a loose braid to one side.

It all depends on what you like, though. I think all kinds of braids look lovely, and what kind of braid you wear depends on what you want it to do for your hair and what image you want to present to the world.
    Agreed. I've been seeing a lot of the slightly messy, relaxed looking braids around. Also the braids that go off to the side, that sort of thing. Here's a couple of examples:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...-long-ha-2.png

http://www.hairstylestalk.com/images...-de-ravin1.jpg

[IMG]file:///Users/dianne/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TSrjIzau_1...caBraids+2.jpg

http://hairstyleschat.com/tag/loose-ends

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nOqd_R3_SC.../braids_01.jpg

http://primped2.hcdn1.net/images/upl...-hairstyle.jpg
    Last edited by aef231; April 25th, 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: messed up a link

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltie_Momma View Post
    What is still, relentlessly, in-style here in the northern suburbs of Houston for the mid 30's aged Mom type woman is a bob that is shorter in back than in front with big chunky streaks of color and a deep side part. I think I'll stick with braids thank you very much.
    Ugh, aint that the truth... some fashions just ought not be followed.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by countryhopper View Post
    Angelthadiva I LOVE that style! Not sure if it will work with my current length yet, but I'll kepp it in mind for the future! It looks easy but elegant!
    Thank you! I've wore it myself to two weddings and nobody believed I did it myself If DD8 is in another wedding; this will be the style

Length
    21/31.5/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joiekimochi View Post
    Braids are sooooo hot right now, just like that damn Hansel.
    LOL! Had to chime in. Hansel, so hot right now, Hansel.

I like braids and I think they are timeless ,but I have yet to wear a braid out dancing or during a show. I think it's because I don't like wearing my hair totally pulled off my face bc I don't like my nose. So it's hard for me to feel pretty with my hair all pulled back.
    Lady Eärwen of the Serenity Seas in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    APL/BSL/Tlbn
    Type
    1a/F/i

I'm a side braider because I have to see what I'm doing, LOL. Also, this is my go-to style when traveling because it doesn't require a security-unfriendly hair toy. (nothing quite like getting wanded for wearing one's hair neatly, KWIM?)

Since I'm growing out bangs, I'm trying the side braids to keep the little hairs in place until they're long enough to integrate with the rest of my hair.

Angelthdiva, though I'm only between APL and BSL, I'm sooooo trying that three braid wrap thing-y you linked to for my next fancy party or if I have enough time one morning before work (yeah, right....).

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh! another one I like is a herringbone braid. If you know how to do a frnech braid, you can easily do a herringbone. they look so complicated and intricate!

Length
    22"/45"/45"
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I think braids are always great whether they are out of date or in style. I don't know what I'd do without some sort of french braid because they are awesome for working out! here are a few styles I have played around with...

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Angeletti View Post
    I think braids are always great whether they are out of date or in style. I don't know what I'd do without some sort of french braid because they are awesome for working out! here are a few styles I have played around with...

Stunning! Do you have a tutorial of the Braid down your back?
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!