Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting hair caught!

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Getting hair caught!

Every time I sit down in a chair at school my hair seems to get stuck in the flimsy nails and then individual hairs snap off. This really bugs me because it happens quite a lot. Way too damaging! This also used to happen when I put old-fashioned curlers in my hair, I would end up with a clump of hair in my hand. Anyone else in the same situation?

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Getting hair caught!

I had the same problem with chairs back when I was in school. I would put a sweater or something over the chair so my hair wouldn't get caught. The only other thing to do is wear your hair up high enough so it doesn't touch the chair. Good luck!

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Ah! Thanks! I have tried braiding it to the side but it somehow still snags. Darn chairs! I do know that they have made different ones without those nails. But for now I'll try the sweater.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I have to be careful now at APL if I'm leaning against my headboard for the same reason. I have a refinished antique Edwardian style (I think) bed and there is some damage behind the headboard near the top. My hair likes to catch in the little seams and chipped areas so I do know what you're talking about. My advice would be to either pull your hair to the front or put it in a braid to keep it from catching on things.

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ArienEllariel View Post
    I have to be careful now at APL if I'm leaning against my headboard for the same reason. I have a refinished antique Edwardian style (I think) bed and there is some damage behind the headboard near the top. My hair likes to catch in the little seams and chipped areas so I do know what you're talking about. My advice would be to either pull your hair to the front or put it in a braid to keep it from catching on things.
    It always seems to be the little seams, chips, and nails that snag our hair. They must be jealous of our gorgeous locks!

Banned
    Length
    20 In/27 In/thigh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I know how you feel, it used to happen to me when i was in school and i hated it. now that i am going back to school i wear my hair in a braid or bun. also 2 braids tied at the crown. i think it is the only way to keep it from snagging on chairs and other things, keep it in a bun.

Length
    chin/waist/clssc
    Type
    3a/3b/C/ii/iii

Yeah I have that a lot! It even get's caught on walls sometimes:S So strange... And when going out I always feel like people are pulling my hair, but it's just the hair getting caught between my bodyparts and some one elses... Sucks so much!

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

That used to happen to me back in the early 70's (see sig pic), I swear I left half a head of hair in the rivets of the school's chairs! And nobody wore their hair up "back in the day," long and loose was the dictate of that era. At least there are decent elastics today to keep with you to just put it all up in a messy bun - the only thing we had back then were the figure-8 elastics held in the center with metal, with two plastic balls on each end. They only looked good on 6 year olds

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Yesterday I got my hair caught in a friend's ring We were playing some sort of variation of hide and seek, where one person is blindfolded in a dark room, and has to catch someone and recognize him\her. It pulled out 50 hairs I counted them, everybody thought it was crazy! I am so sad It wasn't my friend's fault, she was blindfolded and didn't even know what had happened until it was too late, and anyway I should have never had my hair down when playing.

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nera View Post
    Yeah I have that a lot! It even get's caught on walls sometimes:S So strange... And when going out I always feel like people are pulling my hair, but it's just the hair getting caught between my bodyparts and some one elses... Sucks so much!
    My hair sometimes even gets caught in my BF armpit when he hugs me, and we both laugh every time it happens.