Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank goodness we're back up, I need help!

Default Thank goodness we're back up, I need help!

Hi guys!! Its good to be back. I need some help though... My hair is falling out at an alarming rate. I knew it was coming out too much, but I did not realize the extent of the damage until I did not braid it the other night and saw how thin my curls were. I don't know what to do!! I have lost almost half of my hair!!! Please help.

I would suggest at this point to get to a doc and get the blood and thyroid tested instead of trying things. At least then you know THAT part of your body is doing ok.

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Until you get to the Dr. try diluting shampoo before applying it to scalp. I wet my scalp first as well.
    In my own case, I lose hair if I drink soda. I mean one soda per week does not affect me. But 3 or more sodas in one week=big shed. Like clockwork. Just a thought.
    And first the Doc.
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Yes go to a doctor ASAP! Let us know how it goes okay?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    28/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Maybe it is post partum ( a baby) or chemical induced (i.e. birth contol, anti-depressants?)
    If not, I second Lilymunsters ad to perhaps dilue , if that doesnt fix it, switch?
    BTW it helps if you mention your routine as well as products/ or heat products used on your hair before this shed.
    Rest assured though, most of us get a shed at least once if not 2X a year
    -mao

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MotherConfessor View Post
    I have lost almost half of my hair!!! Please help.
    If it is really that bad then I would 2nd (or 3rd? whatever # we're on) the suggestion to see a dermatologist ASAP. In the meantime, check any prescriptions you're on to see if hair loss might be a side effect.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default See a doctor asap

I agree with everyone's suggestion to see a doctor asap.

I experienced a lot of postpartum shedding after I had my daughter. Extremely gentle hair treatment helped. I gently massaged jojoba oil into my hair and scalp. It seemed to help me. I also made sure I took my multivitamin daily. Vitamin deficiencies, especially in the B vitamins, can contribute to hair loss.
    RedButterfly
    Lady Melete of the Heart Hearkened Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

my mum shed a heap after useing hair dye. She has been dyeing her hair since she was 20 and this day her hair decided to actually break off at the regrowth or shed. I convinsed her to henna and it cured her! She had a scaley hot itchy scalp since she had dyed which lasted over 2 weeks, constant shedding at a touch of her hair. As soon as i applied she was greatful for hte cooling sensation and then the shedding minimised. I think another henna session should help strengthen the hair at the dye line to prevent more from breaking off. It was pretty toxic stuff.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    BS/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

What has already been said. And Relax! At least try to.
    Anguish and knuckle-biting only aggravates the problem. I know, I'm in the same boat.
    ---<--@
    ...more than twist in my sobriety... TT

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

All of the best advice has already been given, so I'm just here to support you and tell you not to fret. Get to the doctor when you can. In the mean time, just take care of yourself and please don't stress out.