Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good product?

Default Is this a good product?

I found an old-old-old leavein conditoner of mine. It smells great!
    But I can't tell if it's good for my hair.

Anybody?
    The ingredients are Water, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Matricaria Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, DL-Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Isoceteth-20, Potassium Sorbate, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxylethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium Edta, Fragrance.

Phew!

So.... yes? Or no?

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Looks to me like, provided you're not protein sensitive or allergic to Benzophenone-4 (it's just a preservative, but it's an allergen also apparently), you've got a pretty good product there. I'm still learning, but from what I know it looks good. Better than alot of stuff I used to put on my head. No 'cones. Has protein. Has aloe and various oils. Yep, I'd say it's worth playing with.

ETA: (Hey looka that! 100 posts! Oh, right. I was saving #100 for after I put my hair up the day LHC crashed... Bahaha. Too late now!)

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Looks like good stuff. No cones, no alcohol.

What is it? I may have to look for some.

Looks good to me. Does your hair love it too, that's the most important! What is it?
    ~Claire.
    Lady Salket, Protector of the Sacred Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

My rule of thumb is If I can't pronounce it,don't use it.I've learned that from another member here.I don't always abide by it,since I use commercial conditioner sometimes.

by old,do you mean been around for awhile brandwise or old as in been in the cabinet for awhile??
    the ingrediants do sound ok though.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemycop View Post
    My rule of thumb is If I can't pronounce it,don't use it.
    Unfortunately, that rule doesn't work well after you've taken organic chemistry. At that point, you can pronounce it and might even have an idea of the chemical structure, and still shouldn't use it.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

This is something we got in like 2003, I think. It's called sunflower leave-in conditioning and detangling spray, made by a company called Back to Basis. I'll try it out tommorow, but it smells -heavenly.-

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Unfortunately, that rule doesn't work well after you've taken organic chemistry. At that point, you can pronounce it and might even have an idea of the chemical structure, and still shouldn't use it.
    organic chemistry...that sounds interesting.good point on the ingredients.Like I said-I still use commercial conditioner though.I think I may have a problem
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I have a bottle of it that's probably that old. I like it and still use it now and then.

I am not here to decorate your world

Quote Originally Posted by THEallison View Post
    This is something we got in like 2003, I think. It's called sunflower leave-in conditioning and detangling spray, made by a company called Back to Basis. I'll try it out tommorow, but it smells -heavenly.-
    I've used this product before-it was a little light for my coarse hair though-smelled great!