Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please clarify no hair cutting stories - not even to protect members?

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Please clarify no hair cutting stories - not even to protect members?

I am confused about the no hair cutting stories rule. I knew we had that rule but I thought it was basically so that we wouldn't all be fodder for people who enjoy that kind of thing.

I posted here to warn our membership of an actual threat that puts many of our membership in danger. This isn't some story about a makeover for us to tut tut over. Is it the mod's opinion that it is more important to suppress these stories than it is to protect it's membership?

When I tried to post again to the thread I had started, I have no ability to post to that thread. When I tried to click the link to see why the links had been removed, it said I did not have sufficient privileges to view that thread. When I looked around for a sticky all I saw was that forced hair cutting stories are not allowed - with no explanation as to why, or what type.

This is very concerning to me because I ride trimet often as do several others of our local membership. When I alerted everyone I could find locally, several members thanked me and said they had not heard about it, and they will take further precautions. It is important for everyone everywhere to know to take precautions. It is also important for people to see the face of the man who was caught doing this, so they will know they are unsafe around him. It is not even safe to assume that only people in Portland are at risk, because he has prior burglary with intent to commit a sexual crime charges in Texas, and may travel around. Women on our boards may be specific targets not only of what this man is currently doing, but also of what he is working up to.

Length
    12/20/36
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Default Re: Please clarify no hair cutting stories - not even to protect members?

It is important for everyone everywhere to know to take precautions. It is also important for people to see the face of the man who was caught doing this, so they will know they are unsafe around him. It is not even safe to assume that only people in Portland are at risk, because he has prior burglary with intent to commit a sexual crime charges in Texas, and may travel around. Women on our boards may be specific targets not only of what this man is currently doing, but also of what he is working up to.

Oh my is that the reason they were ban?! I was wondering myself, it seemed like such a random thing to ban, I guess it didn't help that I was out of the loop for awhile

Length
    ears/n/a/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Please clarify no hair cutting stories - not even to protect members?

Im not sure what exactly is going on, could someone fill me in? I havent noticed any forced hair cutting threads at all?

Length
    13/16/42/51
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Me either. I knew that cutting videos werent allowed but I thought they just canned it all when that thread showed up about that poor little girl whose teacher cut her hair.
    I do not post much anymore, however I would love to hear from you guys if you want to chat. Pop me a PM and I can send my email/blog url/facebook if you want.

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

My understanding was that they were banned because there were a lot of threads about makeovers and videos of women cutting their hair by choice, with a lot of us saying how upset we are about them. There are some people out there who "enjoy" these inappropriately. Just as I'm sure there are people who "enjoy" our long hair stories and pictures inappropriately.

I have no problem with those sorts of stories being banned, or even with comments about it being banned. But I do think we should be able to post warnings to our membership about specific threats, especially when it may protect the safety or even life of our membership. Maybe we could have some sort of place to JUST post the facts without commentary?

While we're on the topic of safety, I find it very concerning that the access rules to the "private" off topic forums have been so drastically changed. They used to require a certain number of posts, and a certain number of days as a member. I don't at all understand why that was too much to ask. Now all it takes is registering and you are granted immediate access to the off topic forums - where many of us talk about very personal issues and reveal identifying information about ourselves and our families. I have been cyber-stalked in the past and find it very sad that I, and probably a lot of other people, are no longer able to feel even vaguely protected or safe in our "private" forums.
    Last edited by Airmide; January 5th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

I'm confused too..... : l

Account Closed by Member Request

If I may be as bold to presume why the links are removed.....I think any videos about the forced cuts is a no no, maybe you can issue the warning, without links, I found the info with the clues you posted here, I do think it very prudent and important that people be warned about this, it could save someone from an attack.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Could you PM a mod about it? All the rest of us can do is speculate.

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

The links I posted did not have ANY video of hair cutting, or even any video of the victims at all. They were news stories about the attacks, and a link to the man's picture and booking information at the county.

Length
    ears/n/a/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I found it also, and I think it would be a good idea to let us warn people in that area who havent heard about it.